Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X 0 - 60 Faster than Tesla's Site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Is it possible that the 0-60 times for the 70D/90D are faster than what's listed on their site (similar to how it was with the S for the longest time)? Sadly, P90D is a little out of my price range... Therefore, I'd likely get the 90D but 4.8 seconds seems so slow... My single motor P85 from 2013 is faster than that by about a second (a lot when you're talking 0-60)!
Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 9.38.41 AM.png

Last edited:
4.8s is plenty fast. You can't make a straight comparison of 0-60 time between the X and a regular ICE car because of different pedal responses. The X will get going right away while regular cars will just sit there and do nothing in the initial 1/4~1/2 second after you punched the pedal. The 90D will feel much faster than a 4.8s ICE car off line which is already in the BMW/Porsche territory. You'll find it out the first time you sit on the driver seat.

4.8s is plenty fast. You can't make a straight comparison of 0-60 time between the X and a regular ICE car because of different pedal responses. The X will get going right away while regular cars will just sit there and do nothing in the initial 1/4~1/2 second after you punched the pedal. The 90D will feel much faster than a 4.8s ICE car off line which is already in the BMW/Porsche territory. You'll find it out the first time you sit on the driver seat.

Coming from a 2013 S P85, it's an entire second slower... That's a big deal, all I ever do are fast starts :p I really hope it's faster than what's listed on their site.

I have driven a 60 loaner with official 5.8 second official time but it felt much faster than my 4.9 second Porsche Cayman S. 4.8s is by no means slow on the X.

On the other hand why you're not getting an XP90D if it's a big deal to you? I know it's $20K more but a person like you (or me :biggrin:) that $20K will be well spent.

BTW S85D's official time is pretty close to reality now. The understated time was way back before the dual motor model was released.

Totally unreasonable to compare a SP85 to a X90D. If performance is a priority, which it seems to be, compare the SP85 to the XP90D.
If XP90D seems too expensive, then compare the S85D and the X90D.

Coming from a 2013 S P85, it's an entire second slower... That's a big deal, all I ever do are fast starts :p I really hope it's faster than what's listed on their site.

Totally unreasonable to compare a SP85 to a X90D. If performance is a priority, which it seems to be, compare the SP85 to the XP90D.
If XP90D seems too expensive, then compare the S85D and the X90D.
4.2 vs 4.8... Plus, I'm going off of price. The X is much more expensive than even a current SP85D. Just curious as to whether the numbers are underestimated like they were when the S was new.

Isn't the Model X carrying at least 500 lbs more curb weight, if not more? The aerodynamic drag is also likely higher, so that means slower acceleration.

This. And I believe it's more. I think the numbers are reasonably accurate. If you care about fast starts, either drive your P85 for the thrills or order a XP90D. I have a P85, and love that acceleration. But for a CUV, I'll very likely go with a 90D.