Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X free charging , will it return.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you get this information?
I have Tesla X with FUSC and don't see the SC records.
Yup, TeslaFi

Use teslamate, it’s free..
Ha, using both - just stood up my TeslaMate server and imported my TeslaFi info last week.. Running them concurrently. Other than a few missed drives in TeslaMate (still getting the Tasker task right), it's pretty damn good.

How’s the data presentation compared to TeslaFi?
Considering you have full customization over it (or, you can use the built-in dashboards and charts) it's amazing. I haven't built up my own Grafana chart yet in there, as everything it comes with is really great. It's also trivial to get up and running following the installation documents (although, there are caveats, for example, when using CloudFlare and their own certs)

Yup, TeslaFi

Ha, using both - just stood up my TeslaMate server and imported my TeslaFi info last week.. Running them concurrently. Other than a few missed drives in TeslaMate (still getting the Tasker task right), it's pretty damn good.

Considering you have full customization over it (or, you can use the built-in dashboards and charts) it's amazing. I haven't built up my own Grafana chart yet in there, as everything it comes with is really great. It's also trivial to get up and running following the installation documents (although, there are caveats, for example, when using CloudFlare and their own certs)

I originally had it on my raspberry pi but decided to use digital ocean instead.. it’s an active community and they’re always adding new features..

Reactions: EV bud
I originally had it on my raspberry pi but decided to use digital ocean instead.. it’s an active community and they’re always adding new features..

Ah, I stood a VM up at one of my work place's datacenters - just went with a straight Ubuntu 20.04 and docker... But, found that since the instructions for install and setup are primarily designed to protect the content behind a reverse proxy using Let's Encrypt certs, they don't take into account if you have other protections in place, or, if you use Cloudflare's free SSL.. Took a few config changes before I was able to work around the redirect issue. In the end, I guess I didn't need to do one of those installs, and could have just done a straight Docker install.

Now I have to think about whether I want to go ahead with the renewal of TeslaFi, as that's coming up in a few days or a week...

So TeslaMate is basically TeslaFi but hosted on your own server that you set up?

Pretty much... They're both just gather the streaming data coming from the API, and displaying it.. TeslaFi makes it easy for those that don't want to go through the process of setting up something, but, TeslaMate can get up and running with just a few copy/paste commands (and there are tutorials showing you how to get it hosted for free with certain cloud providers).

Pretty much... They're both just gather the streaming data coming from the API, and displaying it.. TeslaFi makes it easy for those that don't want to go through the process of setting up something, but, TeslaMate can get up and running with just a few copy/paste commands (and there are tutorials showing you how to get it hosted for free with certain cloud providers).

Gotcha. For me it's less the level of skill to set it up, and more having the time to do it vs the other "tinker" projects on my list. For those less technically inclined (or, like me, with just less free time) TeslaFi is a great resource.

Gotcha. For me it's less the level of skill to set it up, and more having the time to do it vs the other "tinker" projects on my list. For those less technically inclined (or, like me, with just less free time) TeslaFi is a great resource.

Definitely makes sense... I was able to head into the office and during a break decided to fire it up as I'd never get the chance at home with an 8 month old. Once it's up an running, though, it's pretty much hands off unless an upgrade comes out... I didn't do the install manually from GitHub, so, when the next docker set is released, will probably do the upgrade (which looks to be very easy - one command to backup the database, and another to pull the new release)

They have added this back practically every end of quarter push. It’s primary on inventory vehicles so if you are willing to be flexible and really want it. Check out near end of quarter and you should have options. end of June they had it on all inventory model S and X and added 1 year supercharging to the Model 3

I'm in a position where I plan to replace our X now, so I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and go without the free Supercharging perk. It's a shame, because we travel extensively with our camper, chewing up 600+Wh/mi, which adds up. Over the life of the car, it could be worth $5k or so (estimating 15k-20k miles towing * $0.28/kWh Supercharging costs).

Oh well.

Reactions: wreighven
Wouldn't count on the new S & X being less expensive.

While Tesla has maintained pricing when most improvements were released, there's no guarantee that will always happen.

When AP2 was released, Tesla increased prices - and maintained that higher price point for several years, before dropping S & X prices when 3/Y were being introduced.

If Tesla makes major improvements to S & X, they may be able to justify the higher price - especially if they are able to maintain technology superiority (performance/range) over the new EVs being introduced by other manufacturers.

Wait for Battery Day, if you want to see what new features they'll be adding - but don't do that because you're looking for a price reduction - that may not happen.

Wait for Battery Day, if you want to see what new features they'll be adding - but don't do that because you're looking for a price reduction - that may not happen.

To be fair... there's not one confirmation yet that *anything* imminent will be announced on Battery Day. Possible, absolutely. Sure thing, not even close.

In fact... if I were Tesla.... I wouldn't announce a darned thing about the car on Battery Day. I'd let the battery announcements and futures stand on their own. Take the stock bump from that ...

And then a few weeks later, introduce whatever vehicle updates I have in the pipeline.

Kinda like Apple does - announce the iPhone in September, and then new iPads/Macs a month later.