Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X P90D vs Harley ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cruising along headed home in Menlo Park. Happened upon these Harley riders. Thought they were chill because they were bumbling along slowly. As I slowly passed them, they gunned it. Thought it would received as good natured fun in this nice part of town. Boy was I wrong. They got really really pissed. Blocked my path. And had a few choice words! What a surprise. I now know better. (dash cam clip below, sorry for the audio in the 2nd part -seems corrupted).

ummm, well, when I heard them gunning it, I mashed the go pedal... woohoo! He couldn't keep up. Then when he rode up beside me - squeezed between me and the other SUV - I gave him a big fat smile - genuinely thinking he'd smile back and ask for another go. Let's just say he wasn't pleased, and less pleased I smiled. Then his buddy scooched in front of me... hmmm.

Reactions: MikeC
They were probably envious of electricity and no noise. I hate those choppers without silencers. Seems so utterly childish and stupid to me.

But at least in Sweden passing in the inside lane is prohibited so that could have made them angry. On the other hand they should give up the fast lane as soon as they see a Model X in their rear windows...

I think he was accelerating to get in front of you in order to get in the right lane before the red light, so he wouldn't be behind the stopped SUV. You closed off the lane he was accelerating to go into.

I think he was accelerating to get in front of you in order to get in the right lane before the red light, so he wouldn't be behind the stopped SUV. You closed off the lane he was accelerating to go into.

And the motorcycles are somehow entitled to accelerate in front of the electric car and beat him to the light and not be behind him?

Neither that nor the reaction seem reasonable to me - though I agree that this is exactly what they had in mind - you can hear first the mild acceleration decision and then the all out decision in the audio.

And the motorcycles are somehow entitled to accelerate in front of the electric car and beat him to the light and not be behind him?

Neither that nor the reaction seem reasonable to me - though I agree that this is exactly what they had in mind - you can hear first the mild acceleration decision and then the all out decision in the audio.

Especially since they spent the entire time tooling around in the left lane, when they should have done the proper thing and moved themselves to the right lane immediately. There was never any traffic except one car turning far ahead in the right lane.

ummm, well, when I heard them gunning it, I mashed the go pedal... woohoo! He couldn't keep up. Then when he rode up beside me - squeezed between me and the other SUV - I gave him a big fat smile - genuinely thinking he'd smile back and ask for another go. Let's just say he wasn't pleased, and less pleased I smiled. Then his buddy scooched in front of me... hmmm.

There seems to be a direct relationship between the loudness of a motorcycle and the insecurity of its rider. Harley drivers seem to be the touchiest of all of them.

I'm not nearly as polite as @jestipher. I would have blown right past them the first second I had. They think they own the road and they bluster their macho BS. But that's about it. I was polite until I figured that out.

And I don't believe that passing on the right is illegal in CA. Check out SoCal. Even though it is rude.

Cruising along headed home in Menlo Park. Happened upon these Harley riders. Thought they were chill because they were bumbling along slowly. As I slowly passed them, they gunned it. Thought it would received as good natured fun in this nice part of town. Boy was I wrong. They got really really pissed. Blocked my path. And had a few choice words! What a surprise. I now know better. (dash cam clip below, sorry for the audio in the 2nd part -seems corrupted).

I am also a biker, what these guys did is not acceptable at all. It doesn't matter if you passed them in the right lame unless you put them at risk. Especially cutting you off at the light is not OK at all. It deserves a ticket in my opinion.

Onur