Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X: What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming he is charging to 90%, then his 90% (according to 257 miles) is 231.3 miles, so at 233 miles he is higher than what it "should" be.

Divide your mileage when charged to 90% by 0.9 and compare to the EPA rating.

233 miles divided by 0.9 = 258.89. Compare that to 257 gives you 1.89 miles above EPA rating.
:oops: Duh. Thanks for spelling it out for me! :confused:

Noob question - I know I should RTFM... but does real time usage affect the rating? Say for example I have a lead foot, and my kw/mi are pretty high. Would this decrease the rating? Or is it fixed based on optimal usage? I assume based on optimal usage...

BTW my 90% was 232 the other day...

I don't charge everyday, and I don't run it down low before I recharge. Maybe about 50% I'll plug it in the night before - every 2-3 days or so. Seeing the high numbers here gets me depressed. But only a little.

Noob question - I know I should RTFM... but does real time usage affect the rating? Say for example I have a lead foot, and my kw/mi are pretty high. Would this decrease the rating? Or is it fixed based on optimal usage? I assume based on optimal usage...

BTW my 90% was 232 the other day...

I don't charge everyday, and I don't run it down low before I recharge. Maybe about 50% I'll plug it in the night before - every 2-3 days or so. Seeing the high numbers here gets me depressed. But only a little.
Tesla seems to recommend to plug it in every night. A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla... just saying. Why not try plugging it in every night for a week or so and then see if your 90% changes.
Also, i don't have my car yet but maybe your car is charging to 90% and 236 miles but then vampire drain takes it down to 232?
Or, your slider isn't set all the way to 90%? Does it SNAP to 90% when you adjust it? Does your screen show 90% - 232 Miles?
Screen shot please

Tesla seems to recommend to plug it in every night. A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla... just saying. Why not try plugging it in every night for a week or so and then see if your 90% changes.
Also, i don't have my car yet but maybe your car is charging to 90% and 236 miles but then vampire drain takes it down to 232?
Or, your slider isn't set all the way to 90%? Does it SNAP to 90% when you adjust it? Does your screen show 90% - 232 Miles?
Screen shot please

Hmm, yep, very possible, actually. Since it doesn't charge the whole night, maybe it trickles down to whatever I'm seeing by the time I check in the morning (it starts at midnight, and typically only charges for 3 hours or so I think). I'll have to try to time it better next time to see where it actually is when it's finished charging!

As for the bar, I haven't fiddled with it at all since I got it, so regardless of where it's set (it looks like it's at the 90% tic mark) it's still indicative of slow decrease from original. I think when I got it, it was around 237.

Reactions: loganintx