Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm ordering a model S. I'm no sure if I should order the upgrade audio system or not. I'm told you can't tell the difference. I'm no sure because I never heard the ultra hight fidelity sound system. Can any one help on this ? also the XM radio does it come with the regular standard radio system or only the ultra hight fidelity sound system?

i'm ordering a model S. I'm no sure if I should order the upgrade audio system or not. I'm told you can't tell the difference. I'm no sure because I never heard the ultra hight fidelity sound system. Can any one help on this ? also the XM radio does it come with the regular standard radio system or only the ultra hight fidelity sound system?

I posted my opinions on UHF sound here: My thoughts on Ultra High Fidelity Sound

In short, I wouldn't say you can't tell the difference. The biggest difference is that UHF has a subwoofer and much better bass + midrange if you like hip hop, pop, dance, or other bass-heavy music.

Oh yeah, the most important tip for UHF is DO NOT TURN ON THE DOLBY SURROUND MODE! Or at least try it both ways. The Dolby surround mode seems to decrease the quality of most content and also dramatically reduce the bass response, which could contribute to those saying that they couldn't hear a difference.