Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Satellite...where is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
I just took delivery of my new X with premium audio. XM does not show as a "Source" in the "Browse" tab. How do I access so that I can get the code to give to XM?

Instructions from Manual:
To view the radio ID:
  1. Display the Browse tab and select the XM radio source.

2. Tune it to channel 0.

3. The Radio ID displays in the station

I just took delivery of my new X with premium audio. XM does not show as a "Source" in the "Browse" tab. How do I access so that I can get the code to give to XM?

On the main screen in the Media Screen: Select Browse (tab) -> Radio -> XM Satellite Radio
or
After having selected Media Source as your right scroll wheel button, roll the wheel and select XM on the right center screen.

Instructions from Manual:
To view the radio ID:
  1. Display the Browse tab and select the XM radio source.

2. Tune it to channel 0.

3. The Radio ID displays in the station

4. After the trial, change your cell phone number, credit cards, social security number and address so that SiriusXM will @~#$%!! stop calling you.

I seriously can't stress this enough - if you want to sign up for it to try it out, get a burner phone number and use a prepaid debit card with a fake name. I tried it out for a week, over 3 years ago, and I'm still getting weekly calls from them. The worst it has been I got up to 3 calls per hour for days on end.

Reactions: pchan
don't wanna hijack but i messed up ordering my x. i have everything but did not order the sound package and i guess without that you can not get xm? is there any way i can have them retro fit it? i don't mind paying for it and not even getting the speakers just want xm. can't believe $150,000 car does not have xm.

don't wanna hijack but i messed up ordering my x. i have everything but did not order the sound package and i guess without that you can not get xm? is there any way i can have them retro fit it? i don't mind paying for it and not even getting the speakers just want xm. can't believe $150,000 car does not have xm.
Many threads here on UHFS quality, but if you can adjust your order only for that, you won't be disappointed. Then XM access won't be an issue anymore. I would plead a case, if I were you, that UHFS option was not clear on the XM plan, and you just wanna upgrade your build.

i activated XM on my x and have the upgraded sound system but XM seems like its only coming out of the front speaker. all other audio sounds great, slacker etc. any ideas?
Satellite radio is a lower bitrate in general, will sound like a good FM station at best. I called to ask for a trial just to test out the quality but Serius XM wanted $200 from me with no trial period. Their number has been blocked on my phone... My fingers are crossed that Spotify is on the horizon.

With internet Radio, I have no need for XM. I had XM on my Audi, and cancelled it after the 1 year subscription. They continued to charge my card, sent phone messages (back when they were chargeable), called me, emailed and threatened me -- claiming my contract period didn't expire. Ultimately, I blocked them from my phone, Credit cards and emails. XM can freeze the the dark of space.

Reactions: pchan