TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

XPEL Hood and Bumper

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rainforest, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rainforest

rainforest Member

My car is leased, but I still want to protect it somewhat without spending a lot. I planned on just wrapping the bumper and hood - but would the non-wrapped adjacent front fenders look mismatched over time due to wear? Or would they look mismatched immediately due to one panel being wrapped and another panel being non-wrapped?

If it's going to look terrible, I'll just wrap the bumper and leave the hood exposed. Full front wrap is just too much for me. Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. commasign

commasign Active Member

You really can't see the wrap unless you're right up to it and staring at an edge (though most edges are tucked away if done by a good installer). One of my cars (non-Tesla) has only partial wrap and there's no color mismatch with the non-wrapped parts of the car.

3. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

Same here. I wrapped the front of my leased X, but not the fenders. Can't tell.