Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model y performance factory ppf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery a few weeks ago in California and can confirm that factory ppf was installed on both front and rear bumper .. the car was manufactured in fremont.. I wonder if this car was going to another state .. no complaint, now I only need to spend a few hundred to wrap the hood and fenders ... Win for me

Just took delivery a few weeks ago in California and can confirm that factory ppf was installed on both front and rear bumper .. the car was manufactured in fremont.. I wonder if this car was going to another state .. no complaint, now I only need to spend a few hundred to wrap the hood and fenders ... Win for me
And no this is not the "mold line" as it was discussed in other posts.. it's clearly wrapped behind the bumper

1691115529068.gif

Your video is too low res to see clearly.
My 2021 MYLR has similar lines, from the mold. I think this line is more pronounced on some cars. Not PPF on mine.

The only way to tell would be to gently try to lift a corner of the "PPF".

Attachments

• PPFPhoto.jpg
    PPFPhoto.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 222
Believe what you want. Someone might have felt generous, giving you $200 worth of PPF. I seriously doubt it.

(I said, "lift a corner", not peel it off... ;) )
You must live in the boons .. front and back bumper ppf is 200 dollars installed ? Wow ... Let me know where you go for that better yet if you can get both bumper wrapped for that price let me know I'll pay for it LOLLLLLLLL .. in so cal complete front end clip wrap Xpel is $2200 full car is $6500 FYI. The film itself is already more than 200 if not way more and no I will not lift a corner just because you dont believe it .. film looses it's adhesiveness and it will always be a entry point where film comes off in the future so thanks but no thanks to that ..

I mean unless I am blind this looks like PPF my 911 with wrap looks exactly like this.. if this is not ppf then Tesla really got me confused as to why the bumper molding line is so distinctive... If you look at the photo around the head light it appears that there is a ppf being wrapped inside.. I would urge some others with model y to take some photos ... If it is ppf like I suspected, then I would say this is applied even before the bumper went on the car due to the complexity of wrapping inward into the bumper, both sides look exactly the same around the head light

Attachments

• 20230806_184716.jpg
    20230806_184716.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20230806_184332.jpg
    20230806_184332.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20230806_184411.jpg
    20230806_184411.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 141
I mean unless I am blind this looks like PPF my 911 with wrap looks exactly like this.. if this is not ppf then Tesla really got me confused as to why the bumper molding line is so distinctive... If you look at the photo around the head light it appears that there is a ppf being wrapped inside.. I would urge some others with model y to take some photos ... If it is ppf like I suspected, then I would say this is applied even before the bumper went on the car due to the complexity of wrapping inward into the bumper, both sides look exactly the same around the head light
First picture is the rear bumper around the tail lamps the other two is front bumper