Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Prime XR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

Long time lurker finally joining the club! I just ordered a red 3 and now I am looking to customize. So many aftermarket options! One thing I definitely want to do is tint. I was looking at Crystaline but one of the dealers that I reached out to about XPEL Ultimate Plus uses XPEL Prime XR Black for tinting. I tried searching the forums and I really couldn't find much info about their tint. XPEL Prime XR Black and Crystaline are very similar in terms of TSER, Infared rejection, UV rejection, and glare rejection. Anyone have experiences with XPEL Prime XR tint? I was quoted $600 for all the windows, excluding front windshield. They confirmed the back would be one-piece.

Reactions: longshot49
I went ahead and got XPEL Prime XR. From a heat rejection stand point it seems to be about the same as my huper optik from my old car. Film is crystal clear. My only complaint is the color, It's more of a brown/yellow color than grey. I got all windows and roof done with Xpel (35%). I picked Photosync for my windshield.

I had Pinnacle Formula 1 on my Bmw M3 and Photosync on our Model S.

We opted to try the Xpel XR Black on the Model 3 since the price was way cheaper than other tints and they did the rear window with one single film for no extra cost. I thought it came out great. Looks great and I can feel it keeping the car cool. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the F1 and Photosync. We liked it so much I tinted the Model X with the Xpel XR Black.

As for the comment it being more of a brown/yellow, I'm not quite sure what that's about. My tint is really black.

I had Pinnacle Formula 1 on my Bmw M3 and Photosync on our Model S.

We opted to try the Xpel XR Black on the Model 3 since the price was way cheaper than other tints and they did the rear window with one single film for no extra cost. I thought it came out great. Looks great and I can feel it keeping the car cool. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference between the F1 and Photosync. We liked it so much I tinted the Model X with the Xpel XR Black.

As for the comment it being more of a brown/yellow, I'm not quite sure what that's about. My tint is really black.

XR Prime Black is a different shade than their standard XR Prime. The regular prime is what shows up brown/yellow. Wish my local shop had the black available...

• Informative
Reactions: longshot49
I have the black @35% and it’s excellent, very happy with it. Was $549 for all apart from windshield from a very reputable place in CT. I wouldn’t be surprised if a ship who had experience with the mode 3 charged more, as apparently that back piece is a pain in the butt to get on well.

E7E87CCD-8FE4-4409-A201-03C3F080923E.jpeg