Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Xpel Stealth wrap completed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the stealth club! I also gotten Xpel Stealth too as well for my MYP in white.
20221231_152053.jpg

For what it's worth, I've seen a red stealth as well and it is really nice looking. Example:
maxresdefault.jpg
I think this reinforces my thoughts that the red tri coat is the best of the colors when not modified by a stealth wrap. Maybe it’s better in real life?

Blue is by far the best in stealth PPF followed or possibly tied by MSM in stealth.

Then white then black when stealth wrapped.

Just my opinion of course.

I’m deciding on Stealth vs High Gloss. Leaning towards stealth for a unique look (given the number of new Teslas in the area). But concerned that gloss would hide the light scratches better. (Those that accumulate with time on any car). The car is blue, if it matters. Please let me know if, based on your knowledge or experience, stealth hides light dings and scratches the same way on a dark colored vehicle.

I’m deciding on Stealth vs High Gloss. Leaning towards stealth for a unique look (given the number of new Teslas in the area). But concerned that gloss would hide the light scratches better. (Those that accumulate with time on any car). The car is blue, if it matters. Please let me know if, based on your knowledge or experience, stealth hides light dings and scratches the same way on a dark colored vehicle.
Those swirls will go away when they do paint correction before applying PPF.

If the prep of the car is done right, after the PPF is applied (Stealth or High gloss), there will be virtually 0 scratches beneath the film that will be visible. Heck, i've even seen poorly prepped cars with PPF laid over it and you can hardly tell there are any marks, swirls on it.

If the prep of the car is done right, after the PPF is applied (Stealth or High gloss), there will be virtually 0 scratches beneath the film that will be visible. Heck, i've even seen poorly prepped cars with PPF laid over it and you can hardly tell there are any marks, swirls on it.
IMG-5972.jpg

Here is mine with Satin/Matte STEK PPF. Did not need a paint correction before the install and over a year later, there are no swirls, scratches or anything. All i use to wipe it down is ONR and some wet microfiber towels, followed by microfiber drying towels. For extremely filthy washes, i use ammo nyc Frothe with a ammo spray pump and then wipe down the car with clean towels. I think my fav part of having PPF is the ease of cleaning as you do not have to worry about creating swirls or etching the paint with poor drying technique. Hope this helps.

Had my Stealth XPEL for over a year and other than the fact I had to get one of the doors redone due to this idiot almost throwing their door into mine there are no scratches visible (and although the door ripped the PPF, the PPF did it's job and protected the door from scratches).

Had my Stealth XPEL for over a year and other than the fact I had to get one of the doors redone due to this idiot almost throwing their door into mine there are no scratches visible (and although the door ripped the PPF, the PPF did it's job and protected the door from scratches).
I’ve had multiple occurrences with my X7 and was able to buff the scratches off every time using compound. I probably won’t be able to do so once I have ppf applied; how much did it cost you to replace the ppf for the impacted door?

Stealth matte finish would hide scratches & swirls much better than gloss. I like my MSM in matte because no matter how clean or dirty it looks the same. Previously I had a alpine white bmw with gloss, it got dirty so quick and stains along the edges were more visible with gloss.