Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Ultimate wrap cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are crazy.

When you trade it back to tesla for a newer model after 4 years, tesla won't offer you for a penny more than trade in price. I say penny is a bit joke, but you know what I mean. Buyer won't tell you I will pay you $$$$ more because you have xpel wrap. If you think to sell to private, go to the "tesla for sell" section in this forum to see what buyer winning to pay used tesla.

Xpel itself is overpriced already, plus those detailing installer want to bite you a chuck off too because you can afford a $100k car. Those installer set up dealer account with expel to buy xpel wrap at a discount price, at most $1000-$2000 they pay, they then charge you $400/hr labor for $4000+. They will tell you they take pride of their job and through in some "paint correction" to make you feel you got more than you paid because tesla did bad paint job for the brand new car

Speak for yourself. I came from a Honda Civic 96 that I took care of well. I'm not your typical millennial American. I believe in keeping cars until the last wheel. XPEL will take care of my car's paint for 10 years. I bet I can keep it going for a few more. Then once I'm done I can take it off and experience a whole new paint job that will extend it quite a bit more.

Given motor has 20 parts to the 200 parts of an ICE engine, I see worth in making the rest of the car easier maintenance to boost. With the hydrophobic properties of XPEL, and because I drive from Sac to LA all the time to see family and to maintain my property, I see worth in the quick cleanup of all the bugs along the 99. I also work in education where kids can be ghetto and spiteful. Cars get keyed around here. And everyone envies Tesla. More people than your type, anyway.

Overall, investing 7 percent of the car price so later you don't look homeless after 20+ years of use, instead you can ride something still respectable, despite its age. I understand people are the forever leasing type these days, but many still hearken to an older ethic not so suckered by consumerist vanity. Some people out there purchased Tesla besides its obvious coolness (see Chevy Bolt), and also purchased it as a reprieve from the gas industry that has also in turn duped us into believing an energy crisis was real. Take into account the cheap maintenance. Take into account a motor that makes wear and tear concerns for long trips a thing of the past. For longevity, too. Makes total sense to keep these cars as long as possible, and looks matter when you're in it for the long.

Reactions: xyeahtony
i'm fine with xpel on the main front parts (full bumper, patial hood, lights, fender etc....) and then coating on entire car (going with opti-coat).

i have a local company that will do both for about $1500, which includes pre-wash and clay bar). To me $1500 is a good investment that i can live with and feel good about.

Reactions: Rastayang
Full wrap in FL for 3800$ but, I know the installer well and have used him for years. His thing is all about what vehicle it is and how complex. The Tesla is on the easier side of install, so price is less. My raptor however was 1500$ more as it took much more time.