Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Y model, 2021 VIN number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

New to TMC! So I may be picking up the last new MY SR in all of the U.S. and I have a vin of 115xxx and I'm aware it will not have the new center console but was wondering if it got everything else. I realize there is only a few SR owners but if anyone could provide any info it would be greatly appreciated! Also picking up delivery on Saturday 3/27
Knowing the actual build date would be the best indicator. In all likelihood, it has the dual pane windows and heated wheel (those came on-line late last year). New console appears to be in cars built on/after 2/9.

Thanks for the info everyone. I really just wanted to know about the heated steering wheel and dual pane windows! I'm not sure what the build date is, I may have to inquire about that. Some one earlier on in the thread mentioned auto dimming mirrors or were they lights? Can anyone tell me more about this?

Thanks for the info everyone. I really just wanted to know about the heated steering wheel and dual pane windows! I'm not sure what the build date is, I may have to inquire about that. Some one earlier on in the thread mentioned auto dimming mirrors or were they lights? Can anyone tell me more about this?
Auto-dimming sideview mirrors came on line sometime in November, I think.

Completed order on Sunday (21 MAR 2021), VIN assigned immediately, delivery expected by 28 MAR. Any guesses on what I should expect? Really would like the new center console. Will let you know what I get wrt headlights and trim as soon as I accept delivery:

VIN: 153XXX
LR MY AWD
Order date 3/21
White/Black
19 Gemeni
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
No FSD

Completed order on Sunday (21 MAR 2021), VIN assigned immediately, delivery expected by 28 MAR. Any guesses on what I should expect? Really would like the new center console. Will let you know what I get wrt headlights and trim as soon as I accept delivery:

LR MY AWD
Order date 3/21
White/Black
19 Gemeni
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
No FSD
You’ll get the new console, heated steering wheel, and double pane glass. Wouldn’t hold my breath for the headlights.

LR MY AWD
Order date 3/21
White/Black
19 Gemeni
5 Seater
No Tow Hitch
No FSD
I ordered mine 3/19, VIN 3/20, delivery 3/21: VIN 1579XX. MY LR AWD Blue/Black/20 5 seats

It has new console, heated steering, no mirror issues etc. no new headlights, and not expected.

I ordered mine 3/19, VIN 3/20, delivery 3/21: VIN 1579XX. MY LR AWD Blue/Black/20 5 seats

It has new console, heated steering, no mirror issues etc. no new headlights, and not expected.
Congrats on your purchase! I have a question about "no mirror issues".
Do you mean that they are now fully adjustable so they can reach wide range like other cars or you're not tall so you're not bothered by their positions?
Do they still dim automatically a lot at night (as soon as you start driving in park they are off) and you can't see anything else except dimmed lights of the cars in them?

Congrats on your purchase! I have a question about "no mirror issues".
Do you mean that they are now fully adjustable so they can reach wide range like other cars or you're not tall so you're not bothered by their positions?
Do they still dim automatically a lot at night (as soon as you start driving in park they are off) and you can't see anything else except dimmed lights of the cars in them?
I am 5' 10" so not that tall, but being aware of the issue I tested to see how far the would adjust and it seemed way further than the problem cases described. I think I have observed dimming at night, but admittedly did not study that closely.

Just got my MY SR last week. 04/21 build date, 181xxx VIN. Fingers crossed that I have the 82kWh pack!!
This is the second time you have posted this. You DO NOT have the 82kwh pack. That is only in MYP 2021. There are rumors some of the LR MY have the 82kwh pack but no one in their right mind would think they'd get a free LR RWD upgrade for $40k...

Reactions: DanDi58