Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yeah, I Bought A Digital License Plate.....sigh.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is so cute! If I'm not mistaken, that's a fiberglass and aluminum trailer. I wonder how many kWhs it would take to haul that over the Tehapachi or Tejon Passes with a horse in it?
Here's a bigger one.
CscM49NUIAAniY-.jpg

I am truly amazed at the how hard everyone is coming down on the poor soul who purchased the digital license plate. Although I agree that I would not buy one, I have a rather viable alternative to the metal plate no one likes:

Tested by the California Highway Patrol of Sacramento

About a month ago I got tagged for not having a front license plate while traveling in the San Francisco Bay Area. A friend told me about ordering a mylar license plate from the above link. $50 later, my fixit ticket was taken care of and I have a front license plate that I am satisfied with. Worth checking out!
Nice. you deserve more likes!

• Helpful
Reactions: MaryAnning3
I purchased a Digital License plate from Reviver in July 2018 for a total cost of $1150 including installation and a 3 year service subscription. 9 months later, the plate screen became detached from the license plate frame making it not road worthy. On April 24th I returned the faulty plate to the Reviver offices in Foster City, CA and in May 2019 I registered for a "free" RPlate upgrade. As of this date not only have I not received a replacement for the defective plate, I was charged $6.99 for their monthly service for a plate that isn't even on my car and despite the fact that I purchased the 3 year service plan.

This entire experience has been a FIASCO from beginning to end. I would not recommend purchasing this product.View attachment 420692
I had never heard of these.

The degree of uninformed opining regarding the digital plate is 2nd only to the non-owners opining on Tesla complaints.

I actually own a digital plate (2nd generation) and yes, right now it's gimicky but I can see how this is convenient in the future.

REGISTRATION updates instantly.
TELEMETRICS Tracks trips car has taken (good for fleets and businiss mileage logging) PRIVATE SERVER NOT DMV - NOT SHARED PER PRIVACY POLICY [Violating this would end the company overnight]
TOLLS/Parking meters/Garages: Paid via RFID (future)
ADS/Messages can be displayed when parked (future)
Handicap permits intergrated to display when triggered in app (future)
NOT EASILY REMOVED and if detached from the vehicle they'd be worthless to "sell on craigslist".
Can change message under Plate number as well as switch colors black/white to white/black.
Internal light
Backup battery
Uses 0 power during day due to e-ink.

In CA you still have the metal plate in the car if the DIGITAL PLATE is destroyed.

Currently in CA/AZ/MI

Current pricing down to $399.00

My plate as seen on Rich Rebuilds Instagram after my recent trip to NH: RichB on Instagram: “A customer drove all the way from California (2500 miles) to get his car serviced at @theelectrifiedgarage He also came to FLEX his new…”

Maybe you like the idea, maybe you don't but could we at least know what we are talking about before jumping the OP?

Remember when buying the "Burning death trap" with the "Whompy Wheels" that we "Couldn't drive long distance" due to the "Lack of a charging infrastructure" from the company that was "Going out of business" was a horrible idea?

Of all the people... Tesla folks know better... or should.

I'm someone who is totally down to buy this (my money, my spending).

I REALLY only want it not to out those ugly stickers on my car, but they still aren't approved for that.

So many Teslas on the road that would be otherwise good looking, ruined by those carpool stickers.

I'm someone who is totally down to buy this (my money, my spending).

I REALLY only want it not to out those ugly stickers on my car, but they still aren't approved for that.

So many Teslas on the road that would be otherwise good looking, ruined by those carpool stickers.
Well, in 1 1/2 years no more HOV lane stickers sooo... :)

Reactions: Mr X
I have never put those ugly sticker on my model 3 and I'm in the carpool lane all the time.

never been pulled over.
I really wish they would be brutal about enforcing it for a while and get people out of that habit. The amount of times I’ve been sitting stopped dead in the HOV lane and look in my rear view to see some fugwit riding solo in a vehicle without stickers, especially in a vehicle which can’t possibly be eligible, and then I think about how many jerks like that are head of me and contributing to me being stopped... sigh.

...but they don’t even enforce the rear license plate law despite there being no realistic situation where it’s legal for that car to be on the roads, so far chance I guess

Reactions: evannole
The degree of uninformed opining regarding the digital plate is 2nd only to the non-owners opining on Tesla complaints.

I actually own a digital plate (2nd generation) and yes, right now it's gimicky but I can see how this is convenient in the future.

REGISTRATION updates instantly.
TELEMETRICS Tracks trips car has taken (good for fleets and businiss mileage logging) PRIVATE SERVER NOT DMV - NOT SHARED PER PRIVACY POLICY [Violating this would end the company overnight]
TOLLS/Parking meters/Garages: Paid via RFID (future)
ADS/Messages can be displayed when parked (future)
Handicap permits intergrated to display when triggered in app (future)
NOT EASILY REMOVED and if detached from the vehicle they'd be worthless to "sell on craigslist".
Can change message under Plate number as well as switch colors black/white to white/black.
Internal light
Backup battery
Uses 0 power during day due to e-ink.

In CA you still have the metal plate in the car if the DIGITAL PLATE is destroyed.

Currently in CA/AZ/MI

Current pricing down to $399.00

My plate as seen on Rich Rebuilds Instagram after my recent trip to NH: RichB on Instagram: “A customer drove all the way from California (2500 miles) to get his car serviced at @theelectrifiedgarage He also came to FLEX his new…”

Maybe you like the idea, maybe you don't but could we at least know what we are talking about before jumping the OP?

Remember when buying the "Burning death trap" with the "Whompy Wheels" that we "Couldn't drive long distance" due to the "Lack of a charging infrastructure" from the company that was "Going out of business" was a horrible idea?

Of all the people... Tesla folks know better... or should.
Am I understanding the 0 power line correctly? As in, despite requiring to be plugged in, it won't drain my tesla battery and reduce total mileage?