TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Yellow border and burn-in on steering cluster display

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jotango, Nov 9, 2019 at 5:48 AM.

1. jotango

jotango Member

I recently had my 17” screen repaired via UV treatment at my local SC, but just this week I noticed issues with my steering cluster display.

burn-in as well as a yellow border!

anyone else have this issue? Back to the SC we go

Sept 2018 x100d

Attached Files:

2. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

Don't bother. They don't a tool for IC. And they won't replace it. I have the same thing and I tried.

3. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

Same here don't bother. I was told they are developing the tool for the IC.

4. jotango

jotango Member

Attached Files:

5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 S P85 | 2020 3 LR AWD

I'm kind of thinking the bubbles were better, honestly. At least from Tesla's perspective. All those screens would need is better sealing. This could develop into a costly recall of a very large number of Model S and X vehicles at some point. :-(

Who is their X and S screen supplier? China I would guess? If they want good product, they need to look to S Korea or Japan.

• Informative x 1
  6. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Depending whom you ask. If you ask Bejing then yes, it's China.

However, if you ask the manufacturer, they would say no, it's not China!

Just like if you ask those Hong Kong protesters, many of them are carrying a sign saying that they are not China and they are carrying the USA flags!

Back to the screen, it's made by Innolux in Taiwan which is a separate country that 81.9% of the population speak Taiwanese Hokkien at home.

The people in Taiwan say they are not China but China says yes they are!

These screens have gone through hellish reliability testing like 90C / 194F for 500 hours and -40C / -40F for 500 hours still come out looking glorious.

The problem is, that hellish test has a time limit while real hell on earth is much longer than that!

• Informative x 1
  7. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

81.9%? Shoot, I always thought it was 81.8%.

• Funny x 1
  8. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

I have same issue. Tesla sc said couldn’t fix it yet.

9. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Same issues. Asked on another thread and was told the device used on the main screen is sized only for that screen. So no device yet for the binnacle display