Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet another broken windshield!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife called me this morning after getting to work. Windshield cracked again! Looks like a small rock strike in the lower passenger side with a crack running upwards to the rear view mirror. She says, "I was following a truck and when I moved to the next lane on the left the windshield cracked". Well dear....don't get anywhere near trucks on the road! I swear it's the volume on her killer sound system that adds to the stress on the windshield. I think we are now on windshield #3 or #4? My Insurance company is going to most likely take a close look at removing my glass coverage at the next renewal.

YUP! We got our first "CRACK" from a "supposed" rock hit right at the top of the windshield EDIT: What I mean by "supposed" is that neither of us heard it or felt it....simply cracked backing out of the garage. MAYBE it was a "space rock"....jokingly of course ;). Kind of stinks but we are used to it here in Colorado.

Kind of a badge of "honor" driving around with a crack. Sad to say but again it does happen.

So we wait until it impacts our driving vision or it really is crappy for the passenger. There will be arguments on how soft/hard (insert manufacturer) glass is. It just happens. I do not believe that there is SOFT/HARD glass at all.

In the past 10 years we have replaced several windshields for our Porsches, Toyota, VW and Jeep. Every forum and every person will give a different opinion.

We may be similar...please don't hate.

Me to my wife: STAY AWAY FROM TRUCKS
She to me: I do!

Argument ensues....

Not worth the hassle! I a few years ago on her Audi A5. We left the dealership for routine oil change and the window cracked LOUDLY just after leaving the dealer. Was that related? Who the heck knows.

Our PAIN vehicle is our 2017 Porsche Macan. This thing is some sort of MAGNET it seems. We have replaced that stupid windshield 3 times!

Not once has insurance tried to drop us.

Just my now instead of 2 cents it is a DOLLAR for the opinion ;)

Life is too short to criticize someone else's driving....Especially your wife! Sorry for the long "thoughts" but just our experiences.

Good luck with your insurance and how you want to proceed with the repairs.

Reactions: OldPro