Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yoke peeling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im scheduled for 8/2 with the new material wheel
According to my SC, the new yoke goes into production on 9/30. I told them that others online said they are getting them sooner and they showed me the global part number which said estimated production date 9/30, estimated global ship date 10/31 and said, "I'd bet some Tesla Service Center has too many backlogs and will be giving out the same peeling yoke".

• Informative
Reactions: Blue Stuff
Replaced yoke month ago. Looks like more dense/thick material layer used. Also, wheel/buttons on yoke is definitely revisited, clicks requeres more efforts.

But it does not seem they solved issue, same material, it will start peel when you out of warranty LOL

Reactions: aerodyne
IMG_3056.jpeg

This is my third yoke and second replacement. Took delivery 4DEC21 and I have 40,000 miles on it. SC told me they were making a note that I called on it while still in warranty and told me the engineers are aware and are coming out with a new one in September. They gave me the option of having the new round wheel or a yoke and I said yoke. Then they said I could get another one now but the same thing would happen and suggested I wait till the new ones are available.

He made a note on my account and said even if I go over 50k miles when the new one comes out, they’ll still cover it under warranty as it happened before it expired.

I‘ve had nothing but good things happen with Tesla SC.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Do you have a link to this? I think I saw this one online but was a bit expensive right?
I got it from Hansshow and paid less than $540 total including the Nappa leather upgrade and real carbon fiber, and shipping included. It's not perfect, but very close, and for the price it's great and highly recommended.