Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You baby your car and then 5 minutes with a valet....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'd think a valet would know to stay away from the curbs. Sigh....

IMG-0732.jpg

IMG-0738.jpg
OK we need more response emojis than the few we have. Has no one asked for a “wow” or “shocked” or any type of more appropriate reaction emoji?! Jeez man I’m sorry. Talk about putting a damper on what was probably a great evening at an expensive restaurant.

My wife immediately asked if they covered the replacement cost! I scanned further down and they bought you a new set. Nicely done!! 🙌

Reactions: KevinT3141
OK we need more response emojis than the few we have. Has no one asked for a “wow” or “shocked” or any type of more appropriate reaction emoji?! Jeez man I’m sorry. Talk about putting a damper on what was probably a great evening at an expensive restaurant.

My wife immediately asked if they covered the replacement cost! I scanned further down and they bought you a new set. Nicely done!! 🙌
Yes, they did. Had I not noticed and drove away though, it would have been my loss. They weren't going to volunteer the info and for some reason, the car didn't record the actual incident.... I pretended as if it had though. Nothing will make a person fess up faster than the thought of video evidence being presented. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinT3141
repairs I have made...and can live with: Hard to tell, but I did file away enough metal to make it look goog,,not enough to effect balance.View attachment 986276
Looks really good. Hard to tell.

I can probably sand my plastic covers real easy but the one shown the pic is curbed right thru, as you can see. Good thing is, they completely cover the wheel so they do protect the metal but are easy to curb as a result.

Sorry to see this. Any scratches to the lip of the inner Gemini wheel?
I don't think so, but I don't know for sure till I pull off the hubcap. I'll post that when the new ones arrive.
Was reading back thru this thread and realized I never followed up on this question. Well, the wheel underneath did not suffer any damage, so the cover did a great job of protecting it.