Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You can now do custom date range in Tesla App.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can now display your data to match your billing period.
Nice addition.
Is this in reference to the "Custom" option under the Timescale drop-down menu when looking on the Energy graph screen (which seems to only show one custom range of dates, but doesn't really go backwards for example based on a range), or something different elsewhere in the Tesla app?

Is this in reference to the "Custom" option under the Timescale drop-down menu when looking on the Energy graph screen (which seems to only show one custom range of dates, but doesn't really go backwards for example based on a range), or something different elsewhere in the Tesla app?
Yes. Using the NetZero app, you can input a billing period that shows up every month, which has value if your billing period stops and start on the same numbered days each month. Mine does not.... so I can use the custom range in the Tesla app to slice the data by individual billing periods, redefining the range between viewing each billing period. A bit cumbersome, but with billing periods that apparently not even BGE can schedule ahead of time it's perhaps the best way possible.....

My utility meter records 10 more kWh used and 10 more KWh generated/received then when compared to Tesla app. Tesla app says a few KWh. I’m running 80% self powered (8x powerwalls).
Wonder who is right!? Both claim revenue grade, but the one with the faster sampling rate will be the most accurate when adding up these micro current.

Not sure about the meter, but.... we have net metering here in MD. I've been noticing a departure between what the grid operator tells me I'm banking to the grid for a billing period, and what theTesla app tells me I've banked for the same period. It appears to be an accumulation of rounding practices - BGE rounds each daily number to whole kwh, and the app rounds to 10ths of kwh. Daily exports with less than 0.5 kwh are tallied by the app, and dropped by BGE. There would need to be a lot more daily exports getting rounded down than up for this to make a significant difference though (which seems a little odd), so I'm not certain this is it.... 10 kwh seems like a larger noticeable difference than rounding might make tho, in a billing period. Maybe annually....
I've noticed a few smaller discrepancies between app reporting and my own numbers, which are simply accumulated records of daily numbers out of the app.