Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You guys ready for summer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rain washed + hand prints, not too shabby for not having done Spring cleaning :p

upload_2019-5-8_15-48-35.png

• Funny
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Car looks great!

I I just picked mine up from the chrome delete job. It took one day to get done. I dropped it off Monday after work, they worked on it Tuesday and then I got the call to pick it up this morning.

View attachment 405504 View attachment 405506 View attachment 405507

Looks great, CD should be factory option! Where did you have it done, and at what cost? Also, did they wrap around the door handles, or just the front of it? Are you happy with the job? I had CD on my MS and loved it:

Attachments

• DSC_1443.JPG
    DSC_1443.JPG
    879.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Love
Reactions: GeoX750
Removed my winter wheels and tried putting on my OEM 18"s and as I was tightening with my torque wrench (129lbs) I heard a loud cracking noise. I stopped immediately and put my winter wheel back on without any issue. What am I doing wrong? Been changing wheels for years.
That doesn't sound good. Were you by chance applying any lube to the threads? That can throw off the torque calibration by a fair bit.

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Removed my winter wheels and tried putting on my OEM 18"s and as I was tightening with my torque wrench (129lbs) I heard a loud cracking noise. I stopped immediately and put my winter wheel back on without any issue. What am I doing wrong? Been changing wheels for years.

Do your winter wheels use a centering ring for the hub, or are they an exact fit? Any chance you left the rings on when switching to OEM?

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Picked up my car today after getting it polished and ceramic coated (finally). Looks sweet, but only pics I got were in the morning when it was overcast. But later in the day it was popping, just didn't have a good backdrop for pics. Will add some later.

So, yeah, I'm pretty much ready to go :)
What shop did you go with for ceramic coating and for how much if you don't mind me asking? Every shop I saw seems to have a big range in price or the quality (how many years it lasts) and where they will apply it.

What shop did you go with for ceramic coating and for how much if you don't mind me asking? Every shop I saw seems to have a big range in price or the quality (how many years it lasts) and where they will apply it.
I didn't go to a shop per-se. It is a friend of a friend who does it on the side and has been doing it for a while. He went the extra mile as he's very detail oriented, it was 1100 cash, for the ceramic and 2 coats of hydrophobic on top of that. It was pretty good considering the amount of work he put in on things, but I've also gotten quotes from excellence auto in oakville for about the same total price for 1 coat + 1 stage paint correction (no hydrophobic top coat). My guy is north of pickering so it was a bit of a trek for me (my folks are there so had an excuse for the road trip and subsequent pick up). He is booked through the next few months though. When I was there he was saying he had a brand new Mclaren being dropped off straight from the factory to put a coating on.

• Informative
Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Here's an imgur album of my car. PPF, All side and back windows tinted to 35% ceramic, wheels powder coated gloss black and callipers painted red.

Next up is chrome delete and ceramic coating. Love the way the car looks right now!

Tesla Model 3 Pics
Nice car colour choice :)

Looking good with the tints and powder coat sport wheels. How much did the powder coat set you back?

Reactions: YusufT