Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You have to laugh.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Some of you know I've been stuck up in Shetland for a while 200 miles from my car and home unable to travel due illness. So I've been keeping the battery active by charging it slowly on solar and then letting it drain with sentry mode.
All was going well till Ohme decided to charge at random times last week. I'm sure there's a good reason for it and they're looking into it. Meanwhile they suggested that I unplug the car delete the Ohme app and re install it and set it up again.
I gut my daughter to unplug the car and did as Ohme suggested. Here's where the fun starts..I can't get the car to open the charge port, despite repeated attempts over several hours. Then I realise I have no control.over the rest of the cars functions.
So I try my wife's phone app with no joy. So I decided to reinstall the Tesla app which worked, but still no control over anything and now I need to use the key card to reset the phone as key. Both key phones and key cards are up here with me.
Looking through the Tesla FAQs I got to the Support page. But.. I can't get to the English version of the page. Presumably its reading my location abd giving me the Norwegian version of the page.. unfortunately my Norwegian isn't that good!!
Any suggestions?
Thankfully back home on Friday.

Last edited:
Is your app on an Android or iOS phone?

I lost all connectivity to the car on Android with app version 3.x. I installed the 4.x app manually as 8t wasn't available as an update in the play store and everything is working again now.

Not sure about the key card conundrum but that may be an option to get the app working for remote control.

Edit: Don't think the lack of key card will be an issue until you actually want to enter your car, by which time you'll be back at it with the key cards.

Thanks @Medved_77 . Where did you get the V4 app from?
You'll need to install (from play store) APK Mirror Installer.

Then on your phone, go to:

Then click where I've placed the arrow:

1630329394663.png

Then open APK Mirror installer and find the file you downloaded, install and you should have version 4.0.1 of the app and connectivity should be resumed.