Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zap-Map or PlugShare

Which do you prefer

• Zap-Map

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • PlugShare

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any reason for the preference to Zap-Map, personally I prefer the UI of PlugShare. just wondering if I am missing something
same - I prefer Plugshare UI - also changes are instant like a wiki. ZapMap are reviewed before being published. but, zap-map has live status of more networks - Plugshare only has Polar (In the UK at least - they have live status of others elsewhere)

used plugshare 99% of the time when I had a Zoe and occasionally used zap-map to double check comments / detailed info about parking charges etc.

preferred plugshare for the cleaner ui and faster loading of points

haven't touched either of them since moving over to the m3 lr

Both, but I normally go to plugshare first - I trust the comments a bit more. Just watch out you got settings correct - I hadn't realised that a local charger existed until someone mentioned it and found it on zap map - I tweaked settings on plugshare, and it showed up.

I’m pretty sure Tesla will only ever direct you to their own chargers in the car.

Starting to add 3rd party ones apparently

https://ww.electrek.co/2020/02/14/tesla-add-third-party-charging-stations-car-navigation/

Zap-Map or PlugShare

I find the Zap map interface, on PC, to be a nightmare of drill-down and click-click-click ... compared to Plugshare.

but its 6-of-one as to which has the most recent User Comment, so i check both when looking for User reports of whether a 3rd party site is "bust"

Reactions: Lickrob and Mr H
Starting to add 3rd party ones apparently

https://ww.electrek.co/2020/02/14/tesla-add-third-party-charging-stations-car-navigation/

I find the Zap map interface, on PC, to be a nightmare of drill-down and click-click-click ... compared to Plugshare.

but its 6-of-one as to which has the most recent User Comment, so i check both when looking for User reports of whether a 3rd party site is "bust"

I noted this a few weeks ago on :

example of 3rd party here
View attachment 507824

This new change is different. They’ve shown poi pins for other chargers (and restaurants shops etc) for a long time. now in some European countries they will include non-tesla chargers in the destination list when you click the lightning bolt/search for chargers button