Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is my car downloading?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aq42

Apr 17, 2022
UK
I am up to date with software (2023.26.1) and Map (the 2023 Eu one). It's Sunday and the car hasn't moved for about 24 hours now. But, if my Google Wifi system is to be believed, it has done what it does most days and downloaded something in the region of 15GB and has downloaded 28GB in the last day. It often seems to do this.

Does anyone know why it is using so much?

Maybe analytics & footage if you agreed to share with Tesla?
I don't think it can be that. Google gives separate figures for downloads and uploads. There are uploads but they are dwarfed by the downloads, I haven't got a way (that I know of) of cross-checking what the Google Home app says, but I have seen recognised software downloads come in and the figures have looked right for those. I did wonder if it might be FSDbeta in shadow mode but it's happening more often than I would expect even for that.

Upvote 0
I'm on version 2023.26.3. You might get this behavior if there is a hardware bug that causes a checksum error when the latest version is downloaded. So it keeps downloading and keeps getting the checksum error. This seems extremely unlikely but I can't think of anything else.

Of course: did you try rebooting? You could also try keeping the car awake, for example with Sentry Mode, to see if that helps. I also suggest contacting Tesla Service via the app to see if they can shed some light on this.

Upvote 0
I am getting the odd stuff but even so. Two phone shots just now:

Screenshot_20230730-222144_Home.jpg
Screenshot_20230730-222134_Home.jpg

Upvote 0