Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zapped while charging new Model Y?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's static build up from your clothing. You'd get more than a 'pinch' if the car was live. The fact it gave you both a jolt the first time each of you touched it but not the next time is the giveaway.

Maybe, but I would NOT make that assumption. It should be checked. The car body could be electrified and not produce a shock if the person touching it is well insulated from ground.

Maybe, but I would NOT make that assumption. It should be checked. The car body could be electrified and not produce a shock if the person touching it is well insulated from ground.
Well, as we haven't heard from the OP for a while we should conclude there was either no fault or they ended up frazzled.
I suppose we'll never know. :rolleyes:

There were 40 comments on this thread, at least 10 of them exactly what you are saying.

This will end the same way as the other unintended acceleration thread.

If something were found, then he would have told us right away. His service appt was a while ago.

Last edited: