Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

‘Follow Me’ mode would be cool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever been out for a drink and and had to drive a friend home because they drank too much? Of course, you leave their car at the bar for the night and drive them home in your car. If Tesla created a feature where the car could closely follow the vehicle in front of it (including turns), you could hop into their car and have the Tesla follow you to their house where you drop off your friend AND their car. Then jump in your car and take off. I’m sure there would be other situations where a feature like that would be useful.

Just a crazy thought I had. Thought I’d share. o_O

Have you ever been out for a drink and and had to drive a friend home because they drank too much? Of course, you leave their car at the bar for the night and drive them home in your car. If Tesla created a feature where the car could closely follow the vehicle in front of it (including turns), you could hop into their car and have the Tesla follow you to their house where you drop off your friend AND their car. Then jump in your car and take off. I’m sure there would be other situations where a feature like that would be useful.

Once FSD is available you can just put your buddy in the trunk and have the car drive him home.

one problem with this, if the car you are following decides to drive off a cliff, is the tesla going too?

There are going to be some interesting court cases once self driving is enabled. Sure it may be illegal to operate without a driver, but I'm sure you would rather get that ticket than get hit with a DUI....so you may be stuffing yourself in the trunk. "tessssla...drav hum...no...taco bell...order chalupassss"

one problem with this, if the car you are following decides to drive off a cliff, is the tesla going too?
Well, I'd hope that Daddy Elon would raise it better than that.