Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

“More Valuable” Stealth Performance Model 3 Unicorn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the approximate price you guys are paying for these? And confirm you're not able to custom order, you're ordering something else and the SA is swapping you to the P- once one arrives?

Mine was $51,500 before tax/fees, blue/18s.

These are cars in inventory listed as long range awd performance. We are "ordering" these models specifically, but they have to be in inventory already. Only the SA at the store can see if these are in stock.

Glad it went well. The only issue with alignment on my coworkers is the drivers side tail light which apparently isn't uncommon.

Curious about the technical issues you are having?

1. Screen rebooted on me twice, when tuning the stereo settings. Hasn't rebooted since yesterday.
2. Could not activate phone key; solution was to unpair my iPhone 11 Pro, uninstall the app, re-install the app, re-pair.
3. Unable to upgrade to v10. From what I read online I have to wait till Tesla pushes it to me so as of 8pm tonight still haven't got it yet :( Not gonna stop me from enjoying the car, but was surprised it wasn't standard on my 2020 model.

I guess the stealth is no longer considered a unicorn....unless you have one in black obsidian with EAP. :cool:

It never was, but don't tell that to its owners:

jerry-the-plumber-unicorn-prints.jpg

Hi! So it seems the folks here are unanimous: Stealth/sleeper over P3D+?

P3D+ Blue/Black ordered 6th Nov 2019. VIN not yet assigned (19th Nov 2019) ***Considering Cancellation*** $57,990
Finally found and ordered a "Used" w/200mi White/Black unicorn w/19s (P3D- stealth/sleeper) on 18th Nov 2019 - VIN 5YJ3E1EB9KF3xxxx $49,400

Thoughts? Which would you choose? Also, how long did it take to get your used inventory stealth? Its in california but I need to have them ship it to Texas for 2k but at least I'll pay local taxes 6.25 TX vs ~9.75 CA

P3D+ Blue/Black ordered 6th Nov 2019. VIN not yet assigned (19th Nov 2019) ***Considering Cancellation*** $57,990
Finally found and ordered a "Used" w/200mi White/Black unicorn w/19s (P3D- stealth/sleeper) on 18th Nov 2019 - VIN 5YJ3E1EB9KF3xxxx $49,400

Thoughts? Which would you choose? Also, how long did it take to get your used inventory stealth? Its in california but I need to have them ship it to Texas for 2k but at least I'll pay local taxes 6.25 TX vs ~9.75 CA

A recent post says there are plenty of 2020 sleepers being built and available for sale. Have you talked to your sales associate about grabbing one of those?

A recent post says there are plenty of 2020 sleepers being built and available for sale. Have you talked to your sales associate about grabbing one of those?
Interestingly enough, my sales assoc called this morning and said a 2020 blue sleeper available from the factory for 51,490 with 18s so I jumped on it! And he gave me a VIN as well. But now I'm worried it may not be delivered till after 12/31 (negating $1875 ev credit) since it resets the clock?

Interestingly enough, my sales assoc called this morning and said a 2020 blue sleeper available from the factory for 51,490 with 18s so I jumped on it! And he gave me a VIN as well. But now I'm worried it may not be delivered till after 12/31 (negating $1875 ev credit) since it resets the clock?

Usually if there’s a VIN it means the car is built and you should have it soon. I had my VIN 5 days before delivery.

I don’t know about you but I’d take the 3P+. First, if the car is used it won’t quality for the $1875 tax credit. And then you’re paying $2k to have it shipped too, which is a risk on many levels. So that’s pretty much $4k of the difference. So then it’s $53,400 vs $57,990 (with paint difference). I’d rather have the blue/black.

I don’t know about you but I’d take the 3P+. First, if the car is used it won’t quality for the $1875 tax credit. And then you’re paying $2k to have it shipped too, which is a risk on many levels. So that’s pretty much $4k of the difference. So then it’s $53,400 vs $57,990 (with paint difference). I’d rather have the blue/black.
On top of that

1. Used, as in recorded prior-registration = accounts for the lower price.
2. "Used", as in new car with lots of miles = could be a return, and thus a big red flag

Both of those disqualify the second car as being a good value. Maybe not bad, but not great.

I highly doubt it. The only expensive upgrade to add to the stealth are the brakes. Even though for an average driver they probably wouldn't notice difference between handling or braking between the two.

The tires/wheels are a massive difference in terms of handling. The all-seasons aren’t great cornering. I don’t mean only race-track cornering, I mean spirited cornering on a day-to-day basis, especially with the kind of power the P has on tap.

For the street, the only difference in brakes that will be different is the feel. Other than that they’ll stop at the same speed.