Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

SC uncork my X75D today, it is a Dec 2016 built, AP2.0 and I believe it has the old DU. I am having a hard time verifying my 0 to 60 times, since there are just too much traffics around. I tried to launch few times but not getting any accurate times. The closes I got was 5.3 secs.

My question would be the 4.9 secs has nothing to do with the DU? OR do you get true 4.9 secs with the new DU and a bit slower with the old DU? like.. 5.3 ish?

Any tips for me to figure out my 0 to 60 times without getting a ticket?

• Love
Reactions: racer26
Just asking: does 4.9 seconds 0-60 feel impressive for passengers?

Considering most of it is insane torque from a standstill, if impressive is measured in visits to a chiropractor for neck pain, the uncorked 70D was fine at that.

If impressive means you have to pass a V8 turbo Porsche at 80mph, don't attempt in a non-P Tesla.

P.S. Do people really impress or care to impress their passengers by flooring it in their cars unnecessarily?

The predecessor to our model x 75D was a Range Rover Sport SVR, tuned to about 620 crank hp.

But the thrill of the mx 75D feels so much more intense than the svr, I believe the svr was 4.8s stock. With the tune and pulleys. It was probably about 4.5s.

The only thing we miss is the sound that engine made. But for giggles, the MX wins. Especially getting on highways, and around town pottering.

Pic of the old “beast” attached.

Attachments

• 9AF5DDC1-A873-442B-9036-3708391442A5.jpeg
    9AF5DDC1-A873-442B-9036-3708391442A5.jpeg
    563.9 KB · Views: 347
so... no one have an answer to this? I am going to try to launch again to verify, like I said.. I was getting 5.3 to 5.5 seconds from my phone, considering some delay.

SC never said anything about the July 1 cut off line, all they told me is that they will try.

One thing I forgot to mention, my X does feel quicker below 60mph. However, above 60mph, it feels the same. SC told me the performance only improve 0 to 60 mph, there is no difference above 60mph.

As someone who is in the middle of negotiating with my local SC to uncork my custom April 2017, X 75D build that was also delivered in April, could you give us some more details here on how you made this happen?

What was your delivery date of your Dec 2016 build?
Was it Inventory?
How did you discuss this with your SC?
Any other details that would be useful?

re: measuring performance, all I have heard is using Power Tools for iphone. I don't know anything for android: PowerTools For Tesla on the App Store

maybe something like this but don't know its accuracy: GPS Acceleration - Android Apps on Google Play

wow, you guys are firing all these questions to me, but I am not getting any of my questions answered. It seems that no one has much information on this topic.

my X is a custom built, picked up Jan 2017

I just kept asking different people the past few months at SC every time I pay a visit since I had problems with my AP. I had no luck every time, none of the guy I asked have any clue to what I am asking. Last week, I tried my luck again I approached a manager who said "let me look into it". So I spoke to him personally, he told me it depends on the configuration of the X, nothing about the July 1st purchase date that everything has been talking about.

When they uncork for me this morning, I received a software notification from my phone (same notification when you receive an OTA update). After completed, I got a message from SC the configuration and firmware was successful (before 2017.38, after update 2017.38 same).

I verified with SC and they told me I got the updated performance, no paper work. That's why I started this topic because I want to verify.