Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

01/2022 vs new one ? Is it worth 10k difference?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone tell me what is difference between 01/2022 Tesla Model S and new one ?

My understanding is than new one have new / better cameras. Are they much better? And what else?

And what is better deal , 01/2022 MS with 7k miles (and 2 yr of warranty remaining) or new one ?

The price difference is 10k !

Thanx

New one has tilt screen, can play steam games, new headlights and Tail lights, clearer glass roof, new cameras and FSD computer, larger rear screen, and an option of round vs yoke wheel.

1/22 car has USS and radar, but radar has been disabled.

Last edited:
Assuming you’re talking LR and not plaid, this is about what you should be paying for a Jan ‘22 Model S.

IMG_9715.jpeg

Reactions: morbidz
Im not able to find 2022 anywhere bellow $67000.
After tax, trade in and other fees difference between new and 2022 will be around $10k.

I didnt know rear screen in 2022 is smaller?
Also i can see it used different computer, does it mean i can not play steam games on 2022?

thank you

Last edited:
New one has tilt screen, can play steam games, new headlights and Tail lights, clearer glass roof, new cameras and FSD computer, larger rear screen, and an option of round vs yoke wheel.

1/22 car has USS and radar, but radar has been disabled.
So that means no steam games with 2022 model?
Also im not able to find anywhere about rear screen size, how smaller is 2022 version?
This is important for me cuz our kids want to watch it on long trips

I found 2022 with 7k miles for $67k.
That is lowest anywhere i could find.
Private sellers want $70k for same car. Crazy
New prices just reduced substantially on 9/1. There’s no way in hell I’d pay $67k for an early 2022 right now.

It will take a little time for the used market to adjust. Don’t be someone’s sucker. They can want all they want, doesn’t mean someone’s gonna pay it.

Reactions: dbldwn02