Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology extended service plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@cteomd, is 18k CAD the estimate from Tesla Laval? Can you share the part number?
Yes it is, no part number though was just verbal and I didn’t pulled the trigger yet. If they really offer 8 years, I’ll prob. go with that. Still have an appointment in 1 month with ExpertEV in Montréal but I’m scared now if they have to open the battery because of the possible core charge from Tesla…

They will offer 4y, 80k km. As told you in the dm, if a 3rd party opens the pack, Tesla won’t accept it as core credit
So I understand what you're saying - if I chose a 3rd party pack replacement (either remove/ replace like @Recell or remove/repair/reinstall like Gruber), and that 3rd party replacement pack fails and I go to Tesla for a second out of pocket replacement pack, then Tesla will charge me extra $10k core charge?

So I understand what you're saying - if I chose a 3rd party pack replacement (either remove/ replace like @Recell or remove/repair/reinstall like Gruber), and that 3rd party replacement pack fails and I go to Tesla for a second out of pocket replacement pack, then Tesla will charge me extra $10k core charge?
It makes sense to me, as it is no longer a "good" core. They would have no idea what had been done to it. It could be where someone has made a "core" return that is made entirely of a collection of bad parts from 16 different packs. Given the shenanigans reported by customers of the 057 battery service plan I have no doubt people would do it. (Shoot they could probably get people to give them failed modules at next to no cost to put in the pack; while selling the good modules that had been in the pack for ~$2k/each.)

It makes sense to me, as it is no longer a "good" core. They would have no idea what had been done to it. It could be where someone has made a "core" return that is made entirely of a collection of bad parts from 16 different packs. Given the shenanigans reported by customers of the 057 battery service plan I have no doubt people would do it. (Shoot they could probably get people to give them failed modules at next to no cost to put in the pack; while selling the good modules that had been in the pack for ~$2k/each.)
I tend to agree. Now that I think about it, in addition to Tesla, a 3rd party could also now levy a core charge in this 2d replacement pack scenario...

🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpeg
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 15
Oh, and no more fast charging since then, only AC for now, don't know it it'll help but worth a try.
Fast charging has nothing to do with imbalance. The supercharger cabinet supplies the power and the onboard BMS decides what to do with it and tells the cabinet how much to deliver / how fast. AC or DC, it's all handled by the car.

Is there any way to check errors in the logs going back farther than a week or two? I seem to recall receiving a BMS error at a supercharger on a road trip within the last year or so, but don't remember when. It was the first stop (of maybe four or five that day), and I think we just unplugged and then plugged the car back in and everything was fine from then on. We've been on several other road trips through superchargers since then with no issues, but I was curious what error that might have been after doing some more reading on this topic.

Reactions: zoomer0056