Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problem: where is the current 057 Technology business registered?

EDIT/ADDENDUM: I'm guessing 057 Tech remained in NC and is showing "administratively dismissed" - defunct.

057 Companies (with the assets) seems to still be active. 057 Companies is on some of the newer invoices, though. Regardless of what Reid says, it would appear there may still be some Service Plan liability that flowed through 057 Companies, even by mistake?

Last edited:
Reactions: cleverscreenam
Jason did recently seem to imply that someone MIGHT'VE been willing to ensure we would be taken care of. I still feel he was just saying this to push the blame onto the vocal few here (including myself), despite showing no desire to remedy any of this in January. If that could even happen, was he referring to Party X (the second owner(s) of 057 Technology) even though the Service Plan purchases were going through 057 Companies?
We just don't know. Jason could have been trying to setup some deal with Recell, or some other company/person to handle repairs for service plan holders. (Somehow, I doubt any 057 person/company were involved in that.)

Reactions: CrankyGypsy
We need to establish some certainties.

Jason did recently seem to imply that someone MIGHT'VE been willing to ensure we would be taken care of. I still feel he was just saying this to push the blame onto the vocal few here (including myself), despite showing no desire to remedy any of this in January. If that could even happen, was he referring to Party X (the second owner(s) of 057 Technology) even though the Service Plan purchases were going through 057 Companies?

In any case, it appears that Party X and 057 Companies are/were very intertwined - there's simply no denying the invoice letterhead. I've been looking at this small picture, through a pinhole...

@MP3Mike is right, Reid is "lying" (legally, he's not, rather simply representing 057 Companies and playing dumb) and he formed 057 Companies to separate the "assets" (likely the ancillary projects Jason was working on - the stuff that could be worth big money, minimal hassle) from the not-so-lucrative service plan hassles...

Post #904
"[Mike's] theory is the group of investors Jason mentioned bought 057 Technology, then created 057 Companies. (At that point they owned both.) Then they sold some of the 057 Technology assets to 057 Companies. (The same people still owning both LLCs at that point.)"

This would likely be the disagreement that led to Jason leaving. By the action of the various separations, this could be interpreted as neither new 057 Technology or 057 Companies truly wanting to continue with Jason's battery refurb vision. The assets would be safety netted if/when the battery work ended.
If I had to take a good guess, Jason went in with nothing but good intentions early on. People backed him up and he was very reputable. He was busting his ass working as 057 Technology and didn’t want to get burned like he did before. He saw a customer with big ideas and big pockets. He decided to sell and hopefully make some money and be able to walk away. They may have even hoped for some big government contracts to be awarded to them. I think this all fell through and both companies collapsed and they walked away with whatever they had. But unfortunately it left us in the dark and without the battery service plan agreement we paid for. Who knows, I can be completely wrong. I just know I did not get what I paid for. I paid for peace of mind when I purchased this 2014 Model S. I spent money on an extended warranty for the vehicle (a separate purchase), this covered everything minus the HV battery and the drive unit. After doing some research I put faith into purchasing the 2 year battery service plan through 057 Technology in July of 2022. I waited for the promised BMD and sent messages early on. A very polite Russ Wrye replied twice informing me my BMD would ship soon and tracking info would be provided. Last message received was early December of 2022. I subsequently sent three additional messages via the 057
Website and received auto replies that tickets were created. I received zero response back from these three messages. Then the sh!t storm started on TMC. I tried to still have some faith but that soon faded. I made attempts to contact Jason via this forum (failed) his Twitter account (also failed) and his personal email (no reply). I was even resistant to file a CC dispute while my wife was insisting I do. I told myself, well, what if I actually have a battery problem and need to contact the new 057 Companies? I somehow had faith in them. The website was still active. I tried calling the number listed on the website, no answer. I even tried calling one of the new owners of 057 Companies after searching online, no answer, I even left a message. That’s when I decided to file the complaint with the Tennessee Consumer Affairs. I still resisted a CC dispute. After hearing nothing for two weeks they tried contacting them again and I got a response. A response stating they have zero liability with my service plan or anything 057 Tech related. Awesome. I sent another response back stating this was not acceptable and they replied back telling me to pound sand essentially. Ok…..this is now when I decided to file a CC dispute. And I don’t feel bad about it at all. I gave them all a chance. I did my due diligence and they did not. They are in breach of the contract I signed in July of 2022. 🖕🖕

If I had to take a good guess, Jason went in with nothing but good intentions early on. People backed him up and he was very reputable. He was busting his ass working as 057 Technology and didn’t want to get burned like he did before. He saw a customer with big ideas and big pockets. He decided to sell and hopefully make some money and be able to walk away. They may have even hoped for some big government contracts to be awarded to them. I think this all fell through and both companies collapsed and they walked away with whatever they had. But unfortunately it left us in the dark and without the battery service plan agreement we paid for. Who knows, I can be completely wrong. I just know I did not get what I paid for. I paid for peace of mind when I purchased this 2014 Model S. I spent money on an extended warranty for the vehicle (a separate purchase), this covered everything minus the HV battery and the drive unit. After doing some research I put faith into purchasing the 2 year battery service plan through 057 Technology in July of 2022. I waited for the promised BMD and sent messages early on. A very polite Russ Wrye replied twice informing me my BMD would ship soon and tracking info would be provided. Last message received was early December of 2022. I subsequently sent three additional messages via the 057
Website and received auto replies that tickets were created. I received zero response back from these three messages. Then the sh!t storm started on TMC. I tried to still have some faith but that soon faded. I made attempts to contact Jason via this forum (failed) his Twitter account (also failed) and his personal email (no reply). I was even resistant to file a CC dispute while my wife was insisting I do. I told myself, well, what if I actually have a battery problem and need to contact the new 057 Companies? I somehow had faith in them. The website was still active. I tried calling the number listed on the website, no answer. I even tried calling one of the new owners of 057 Companies after searching online, no answer, I even left a message. That’s when I decided to file the complaint with the Tennessee Consumer Affairs. I still resisted a CC dispute. After hearing nothing for two weeks they tried contacting them again and I got a response. A response stating they have zero liability with my service plan or anything 057 Tech related. Awesome. I sent another response back stating this was not acceptable and they replied back telling me to pound sand essentially. Ok…..this is now when I decided to file a CC dispute. And I don’t feel bad about it at all. I gave them all a chance. I did my due diligence and they did not. They are in breach of the contract I signed in July of 2022. 🖕🖕
I’m glad @⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ thinks this is funny….

• Funny
I doubt it’s against you/your situation specifically, rather this whole saga.
I bought my service plan 6mos after you, so am in “worse” shape so to speak. But as I’ve stated early on in this thread, I figure since I haven’t had to make a claim against the plan, ie battery ok (knock on wood!), I’ve gotten 75% of my money’s worth. If I wasn’t on TMC and blissfully unaware of what’s transpired, come Dec of this year, I would’ve been none the wiser and then looking to actually re-up.
Hindsight for us all knowing that 057 (all iterations) is defunct while our plans are still active makes us naturally angry since the $2k is wasted if an issue comes up. If you tried to get a refund and/or CC back charge early on without success, I def get why you’re upset.

I doubt it’s against you/your situation specifically, rather this whole saga.
I bought my service plan 6mos after you, so am in “worse” shape so to speak. But as I’ve stated early on in this thread, I figure since I haven’t had to make a claim against the plan, ie battery ok (knock on wood!), I’ve gotten 75% of my money’s worth. If I wasn’t on TMC and blissfully unaware of what’s transpired, come Dec of this year, I would’ve been none the wiser and then looking to actually re-up.
Hindsight for us all knowing that 057 (all iterations) is defunct while our plans are still active makes us naturally angry since the $2k is wasted if an issue comes up. If you tried to get a refund and/or CC back charge early on without success, I def get why you’re upset.
I hear ya. Also, none of us got our monies worth. Because I can almost guarantee if you or I had a battery problem, they would have ignored our messages just like mine that went unanswered. Sorry if I sound bitter, I’m just over all this.

[Mike's] theory is the group of investors Jason mentioned bought 057 Technology, then created 057 Companies. (At that point they owned both.) Then they sold some of the 057 Technology assets to 057 Companies.
Looks like a malicious shell game coordinated to keep assets. It's also been a waiting game. Once time has passed, service contracts end .... home free.

I hear ya. Also, none of us got our monies worth. Because I can almost guarantee if you or I had a battery problem, they would have ignored our messages just like mine that went unanswered. Sorry if I sound bitter, I’m just over all this.
Just depends on when my failure would’ve occurred. I very well could’ve gotten it serviced had it been earlier vs late ‘23. There have been positive stories. That’s why I’m ok with where things stand now. Come December I would’ve gotten everything I expected out of the 2yr contract.

It was the double middle fingers that I found funny. I don't think the situation is funny, but It's an interesting story to follow. It doesn't sit right with me how hostile the 057 guy has been to the people who entrusted him with their money, and for him to threaten to sue people who talk *sugar* about him is pretty ironic. Seems to me like he has a lot of growing up to do.

It was the double middle fingers that I found funny. I don't think the situation is funny, but It's an interesting story to follow. It doesn't sit right with me how hostile the 057 guy has been to the people who entrusted him with their money, and for him to threaten to sue people who talk *sugar* about him is pretty ironic. Seems to me like he has a lot of growing up to do.
Ahhh, got ya! Yeah man I agree.

I'm not really sure how relevant this is, but it has me questioning things:

1000001296.png

Apparently, Jason failed to file his annual report, and I believe this isn't the first time this occurred. Anyways...

Jason stated on the forum he "sold 100% of [057 Technology] in early 2023." Julian Reid stated to TN DCA that 057 Companies only bought assets from 057 Technology. 057 Companies didn't exist until June 2023. If 057 Technology in NC didn't exist March to May, how does this purchase occur?

Can anyone explain the fishiness of this?

Apparently, Jason failed to file his annual report, and I believe this isn't the first time this occurred. Anyways...

Jason stated on the forum he "sold 100% of [057 Technology] in early 2023." Julian Reid stated to TN DCA that 057 Companies only bought assets from 057 Technology. 057 Companies didn't exist until June 2023. If 057 Technology in NC didn't exist March to May, how does this purchase occur?

Can anyone explain the fishiness of this?
What's fishy? "Administrative dissolution" means you forgot to file paperwork. Nothing more, nothing less. It is readily corrected by filing a one-page report. The business can continue to operate, up to and including selling off assets. Your assumption that "057 Technology in NC didn't exist March to May" is not necessarily valid.

What's fishy?
You likely know more than I do. However, after reading through NC Article 14, liquidating the assets might be legal but selling product does not appear to be.

Here's the pdf

55‑14‑05. Effect of dissolution.
(a) A dissolved corporation continues its corporate existence but may not carry on any
business except that appropriate to wind up and liquidate its business and affairs...

but selling product does not appear to be.
Fair point. I'm not familiar with NC, but I know LLC's in other states have forgotten to file their annual report, been administratively dissolved, and continued to operate with no issues until someone realizes it, files the form and fees. It's really just the state confirming the business is still operating (and collecting fees, of course).

Ok, this pdf is specific to LLCs.

57D‑6‑07. Winding up.
(a) After its dissolution, an LLC shall wind up. The winding up may include continuing the
business of the LLC for a period of time.

So @tga may be correct. However, this post shows that 057 Technology was [still] Administratively Dissolved on Oct 23, 2023. If this is an annual occurrence, it doesn't appear that 057 Technology had ever resolved the Feb 2023 offense ... that should've carried the LLC through to Feb 2024. What does that "for a period of time" mean?