Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warehouse floor show no signs of lift anchors. One would have assumed lift is necessary for efficient pack removal + install

When I was there to get my P85D upgraded, I don't remember any floor mounted lifts. Jason used jack stands and a battery cart to remove/install the battery.

96B28E37-77AA-4D94-9BF3-AF285CEEFA5A.jpeg
8EFFB39B-4103-47C3-9D5C-9768705D0F57.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, if Jason sold the company, it is no longer up to him to announce stuff or handle communication. (In fact, it is very common for the terms of the sale of a company to preclude prior owners from saying anything. Sometimes for a limited time period, other times forever.)

Absolutely. It's clearly not ignorance of the situation; I'm absolutely positive something would have been mentioned by now if it could be, legally speaking.

I could tell you what my ideal situation here would be ... but I don't want to put others on the spot either.

Lots of speculation going on here so I would urge people to pause on any conjecture or personal comments until we know for sure any real details. I've seen these types of conversations get incredibly sideways with opinionated posts and wild accusations in what is otherwise a complete vacuum of data. Let's remember to keep things civil and based around the facts present and verifiable.

I also just want to say that I just hope Jason is alright. Hopefully it's just a physical location change/server migration typical of a move that kept them out-of-the loop with bigger issues going on but not health/family related emergencies.

It's easy to forget sometimes that real human beings with potential real life human problems are on the other end of the computer. To date he's one of the few people that was offering a valuable service to an entire community when few others were. He seemed very knowledgeable and willing to offer that knowledge to help others.

I wish him the best in whatever is currently going on, even if it's all just a misunderstanding and easily explainable.

Last edited:
I was just informed by a member here that its possible that I can see something regular members cant, since they cant see the same activity I can. I am not going to remove my post, but wont be commenting on that any further.

Nope, everyone can see that information unless one disables it in their settings.

Screenshot_20231023-153257-880.png

Screenshot_20231023-153442-624.png

So actually it seems like whoever is logging into the @wk057 account turned that setting off.

Wow that's pretty low for any self respecting auto shop...
Sounds like he wasn't making a lot of profit...
Or it could be the landlord wouldn't allow them to be installed. I know of a shop in my area with one lift, that wanted to install 3 more, but the city wouldn't allow any additional lifts to be installed. (The zoning rules were changed for the area.)

Reactions: brainhouston
Or it could be the landlord wouldn't allow them to be installed. I know of a shop in my area with one lift, that wanted to install 3 more, but the city wouldn't allow any additional lifts to be installed. (The zoning rules were changed for the area.)
In that case, my bad, I didn't know city cared about what u do inside ur own shop...
Also forgot that landlord could be a pain in the a**

1698090824824.png

It's always been faster and safer to deal with HV batteries without using a lift, believe it or not. Especially with inoperable cars.

Lift has only really been good for motor swaps, tire/wheel stuff, etc.

Oh right...🐘...

Thanks to everyone for the their thoughts and concerns about my well-being. My family I are well.

On the 057 side, my hands are a bit tied at the moment. In fact, I may catch hell for this post. But I'm not great at silence. Trust me, I'm not happy about not posting regularly. While I'm sure there will be rampant speculation all around, I can not get into details right now. Suffice it to say I'm not as much in the loop as I would've been a year ago, but I am still doing what I can to help push things along in a positive direction. I must leave it at that for the moment, but I will be back as soon as possible with a detailed update. Should all be clear before then, but I don't have the reins needed to do that right now. Please respect that I simply can not address anything right now, or I certainly would. May not be extremely soon, but will make a post the instant I'm able to do so.

My postings, if any, will be general/technical for the time being. So please feel free to tag me in such posts/threads if my input might be helpful.

Thanks to everyone for the their thoughts and concerns about my well-being. My family I are well.

By far, the most important part. Glad everyone is doing OK. There's no amount of business in the world that can replace health. The business part will sort itself out when the time is right.

Stay well and let's see if any of my (not to be revealed) prognostication comes true.

View attachment 984720

It's always been faster and safer to deal with HV batteries without using a lift, believe it or not. Especially with inoperable cars.

Lift has only really been good for motor swaps, tire/wheel stuff, etc.

Oh right...🐘...

On the 057 side, my hands are a bit tied at the moment. In fact, I may catch hell for this post. But I'm not great at silence. Trust me, I'm not happy about not posting regularly. While I'm sure there will be rampant speculation all around, I can not get into details right now. Suffice it to say I'm not as much in the loop as I would've been a year ago, but I am still doing what I can to help push things along in a positive direction. I must leave it at that for the moment, but I will be back as soon as possible with a detailed update. Should all be clear before then, but I don't have the reins needed to do that right now. Please respect that I simply can not address anything right now, or I certainly would. May not be extremely soon, but will make a post the instant I'm able to do so.

My postings, if any, will be general/technical for the time being. So please feel free to tag me in such posts/threads if my input might be helpful.
Thanks and good luck.

I don’t know how to interpret the latest message. Can somebody chime in on the possible reasons why communication isn’t possible? To a normal account holder, it sounds like a lot of fluff and smoke.

If details cannot be spread, can you at the least confirm if our money/warranty is valid?

Reactions: ccalahan
Just to throw out a few possibilities;

Pending litigation.

An NDA.

A merger.

A sale.

The last two especially if it's with a publicly traded company.
Agreed, likely several of those. Connecting the dots with other information, one post says that "Jason told him the business was sold" and wk057 himself says above that he's "not as much in the loop as a year ago". So one could surmise the business was sold, Jason is under NDA, and the new owner is therefore responsible for the current lack of communication, the server move, etc. Who owns the business, it's current status (e.g., bankruptcy?), and any legal obligations re. existing service agreements, orders, payments in progress, etc. are the operative questions.

I've never seen an NDA where you can't say you sold your business. Not disclosing price is the norm.
As I recall this sort of NDA was used on some personal finance sites/blogs I was reading in the late 2000s. Years after the fact the founders/sellers were finally allowed to say they had sold and had just been posting as employees, but were prevented from saying who purchased and the price in perpetuity.

Also unlikely an M&A as the acquiring company would want to retain a positive public image and reputation with the customers.
Assuming, of course, the acquiring entity wants to retain the acquired as an ongoing concern. More than one example where that hasn't been the case.

Of course I'm not implying absolutely anything like that here ... just saying, I've seen that happen before in other industries. For example: Watson