Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1,500 California Clean Fuel Reward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, recently Tesla updated their site to show California residents that they get the $1500 clean fuel reward for registering their car in state. When I went to the website, it said only at "participating retailers", does anyone have any more information regarding this?

I checked my inprogress order and Tesla added the credit, I didn’t have to do anything.

Where are you seeing the in progress order? Is it in the Completed Tasks Tab?? I checked in there and have the itemized breakdown of the costs of everything but don't see the $1500 Clean Fuel Rebate. Thx

Edit: i already applied for financing through Tesla. Still do not the $1500 Clean Fuel rebate.

Where are you seeing the in progress order? Is it in the Completed Tasks Tab?? I checked in there and have the itemized breakdown of the costs of everything but don't see the $1500 Clean Fuel Rebate. Thx

Edit: i already applied for financing through Tesla. Still do not the $1500 Clean Fuel rebate.

i applied too - nov 13th to be exact

i just emailed tesla finance and will let you know what they say

afraid we may have to reapply for the loan even though we are still awaiting a VIN

i applied too - nov 13th to be exact

i just emailed tesla finance and will let you know what they say

afraid we may have to reapply for the loan even though we are still awaiting a VIN

I was under the impression that the loan approval was good for 60 days.

What happens if I submit an application in advance of 30 days before my delivery date?
Your application would need to be resubmitted within the 30 day window. This would initiate a new credit inquiry, which could increase interest rates. Keep your estimated delivery range in mind with submitting your application by checking in your Tesla Account.

But under Finance and Leasing section you get this:
*Price indicated does not include taxes and registration fees unless stated otherwise. You will be responsible for these additional taxes and fees. The payment calculations are provided for informational purposes only and may reflect assumptions that may not apply to you or loan terms for which you may not qualify. Loan approvals are valid for up to 60 days. Lease approvals are valid for up to 90 days

So who knows...

I already applied for financing. The attached photo is of my price breakdown

Attachments

• C3F1B783-C1C7-4075-8E9D-4006DDB11AF7.jpeg
    C3F1B783-C1C7-4075-8E9D-4006DDB11AF7.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 94
Order placed on October 20. I didn’t update anything. When I found out about the credit I just checked my order details and saw the credit there. I did fill out CA registration details in the “Prepare for delivery” steps, so maybe that is why it shows.

This was quite the well-kept secret! I generally consider myself in the know about stuff like this but this was a complete surprise. We bought a Pacifica PHEV that would have been eligible for the full $1500 literally 8 days ago. Bummer.