Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1 year in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just last week talked to an owner of a P85+ that is 3 years old and just over 70k miles. He's only been to the SC once in that time, for something he heard creaking (he said if not for the car's silence, he probably wouldn't have even noticed). I guess some are perfect, and not.

Same here - 1 year anniversary this week, no big issues, it's been a dream. I think the forum posts about legit problem are few and far between, but worried me enough that I put off purchase for some time (unfortunately). Now I'm just enjoying the ride, as I believe the less - vocal majority of owners are as well

Yeah, totally agree on that. Superchargers are fine and long trips are pretty nice, but it doesn't match the convenience of ubiquitous gas stations.

I just say this because I feel that the convenience of charging at home far outweighs that, and people often don't think about that angle. I They look at the time lost on road trips, but not the time saved every week.
I couldn't agree more. It takes me 1.5 seconds to fill up. Click button, plug in. That covers me 99.5% of the time as road trips are the exception for me.

I probably will not need the Superchargers much at all. Day to day driving I can charge maybe once a week. I will try the local SC just to try it out. Upstate cottage is 150 miles away and I'll use the electric oven outlet to charge, at least temporarily. I am AMPED to get my S. Patience may be a virtue, but no-one has ever called me virtuous :)