Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is it on left turns? I’m embarrassed to drive around on FSD’s left turns here. I feel like I need a sign in the rear window explaining to other drives why it looks like I’m having a stroke behind the wheel.
I took a left turn from a traffic light, a little over 90 degrees and it was really just fine, human grade. It was protected by the light, I had a green left arrow, so it's probably not the best test. But it was pretty well centered throughout.

Reactions: K5TRX and GWord
Nobody will die playing flight simulator.
Actually, Lockheed Martin has a professional version called Prepar3d which is used in training civilian and military pilots. Of course, nobody can die using a simulator, but I'm sure LM tries to create a 100% immersive experience so that pilots don't make fatal mistakes later.

The point is that an app with a massive code base, which also has a dose of legacy code, is likely be a challenge to debug.

Reactions: K5TRX
Just my story for people to relate however they can:

1. I did not get the first beta, but I did raise my score to 100 and got it a week later.
2. I got the 10.3 update yesterday. Went to the grocery store using it and it did not work on the drive back. Nothing crazy happened though.
3. I did not do any trickery to get it back to function. I got the software upgrade (downgrade) notification a few hours later.
4. I promptly installed it as soon as it finished downloading. Drove for the rest of the way without FSD. I did not opt-out.
5. I got an email a couple of hours ago that 10.3.1 was being pushed to my car, like the email I got for 10.2.
6. My driving score did not show up in my Tesla app again. But TeslaFi has is. It's fallen to 99.
7. I drove 10.3.1 over Lunch Break and it's much better, specifically on turns. Not jittery as before.
8. It perpendicular parks in between lines with no cars around, now.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Really glad to hear about the turns. 10.3 was scary around turns when I tried it yesterday. Looking forward to the perpendicular parking update also.

Reactions: K5TRX and JHCCAZ
Thats big !
It is! Was it with you that I was having a Parking Lot discussion the other day? I drove to a few lots and it kind of made me think. Parking lots have all sorts of things, from heavy car/pedestrian traffic to very complex rules, between stops and one-ways. Also special parking spots for different purposes which could also be a nightmare to account for.

With that being said, I take back on the "simplicity" part of it. I actually think it's the cherry on top of the dessert.

But I also think we will get "reverse summon" autopark sometime soon since this feature is now introduced.
May I risk saying... In 2 weeks?

Reactions: K5TRX and THXULTRA
Really glad to hear about the turns. 10.3 was scary around turns when I tried it yesterday. Looking forward to the perpendicular parking update also.

it's really hard to say if turns are better in general. Even discounting the fact that every intersection is a bit different, we've seen inconsistent behavior at the exact same intersection. My own observation is that overall, the steering wheel is not as jittery while executing turns. But I still disengage plenty of turns before finding out how bad it could have been.

it's really hard to say if turns are better in general. Even discounting the fact that every intersection is a bit different, we've seen inconsistent behavior at the exact same intersection. My own observation is that overall, the steering wheel is not as jittery while executing turns. But I still disengage plenty of turns before finding out how bad it could have been.
I second that. Jitter (Yaw, for those who read the release notes) is much better!

Going to try 10.3.1 on my way home from work tonight. Really hard for me to judge 10.3 fairly since I only used it for a short time yesterday, it was my first FSD drive and the weather wasn't great. I ended up disengaging it quite a few times on turns though since it felt like it was doing to run itself right into the curb. Looking forward to tonight's drive.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Anyone else seeing issues with 10.3.1? I have a additional camera calibration message under the smart summon toggle - stuck @ 73%. No FSD visualizations and cannot engage FSD or Autopilot. Tried the standard camera calibration and received a contact support message (software update required).
Same here on my late 2017 MX. shortly after 10.3.1 installed, received an error stating:

“ADS W160
Software update required
Schedule service”

In addition to this warning error, it has killed all autopilot functionality with autopilot, auto steering, and even cruise control no longer being available.

Even if I disable FSD, I still have lost all autopilot functionality and the software error remains.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Informative
Reactions: mkc731
Those that recently got on 10.3 via Drive Score and got reverted (forced) off beta and now have low scores (due to FCW bug) I suspect will have get their scores up to get back in. Not the end of the world. I’d be pissed too. It will take Tesla longer to patch things up than for you to get your score back up to 99 with 100 miles.

Looks like you owe me that plaid. :)

• Funny
Reactions: nvx1977
Same here on my late 2017 MX. shortly after 10.3.1 installed, received an error stating:

“ADS W160
Software update required
Schedule service”

In addition to this warning error, it has killed all autopilot functionality with autopilot, auto steering, and even cruise control no longer being available.

Even if I disable FSD, I still have lost all autopilot functionality and the software error remains.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yep, the same as me. Tried resetting, toggling off/on FSD Beta, Autopilot, etc.. the same. The the ultrasonic indicators seem frozen.

I was part of the 100 rollout with FSD Beta so I had it for a few weeks prior, rolled back to the non FSD yesterday.

• Informative
Yep, the same as me. Tried resetting, toggling off/on FSD Beta, Autopilot, etc.. the same. The the ultrasonic indicators seem frozen.

I was part of the 100 rollout with FSD Beta so I had it for a few weeks prior, rolled back to the non FSD yesterday.
FSD Beta 10.3.1 not working here either. I never updated to 10.3 from 10.2 but now installed 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) and I cannot engage FSD Beta, AP or TACC on my Model S Raven LR. Two finger reset and full Power Off/On reboot haven’t fixed it. FSD Beta is toggled on (and no luck with regular AP/TACC for profiles where FSD toggled off).

FSD Beta 10.3.1 not working here either. I never updated to 10.3 from 10.2 but now installed 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) and I cannot engage FSD Beta, AP or TACC on my Model S Raven LR. Two finger reset and full Power Off/On reboot haven’t fixed it. FSD Beta is toggled on (and no luck with regular AP/TACC for profiles where FSD toggled off).
Some have luck disabling sentry, removing drive and then resetting the car (without reattaching the drive). If all works well, then you can add the drive and reenable sentry.

• Informative
It is! Was it with you that I was having a Parking Lot discussion the other day? I drove to a few lots and it kind of made me think. Parking lots have all sorts of things, from heavy car/pedestrian traffic to very complex rules, between stops and one-ways. Also special parking spots for different purposes which could also be a nightmare to account for.

With that being said, I take back on the "simplicity" part of it. I actually think it's the cherry on top of the dessert.

But I also think we will get "reverse summon" autopark sometime soon since this feature is now introduced.
May I risk saying... In 2 weeks?
Does the reverse parking absolutely need two white-painted lines, or do you think it could work to park in a residential driveway? The next step would be to back into the garage or carport reliably, with no danger of scraping, while watching for kids and pets etc.

Reactions: n.one.one