Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it ... there were even people speculating .25 will just turn on the holiday flag.

IMO, given that Tesla finishes all the builds JIT - atleast just "turn on the flag" doesn't make sense.
Don't disagree and don't remember any Deltas (except maybe in the Map database). But makes you wonder why they would be pushing 44.6 so hard to almost everyone if 44.25 is supposed to be imminent. To have 44.6 install and then just a few hours to a day or so later and pushing a full new update seems a waste.

HELL I say stop pushing 44.6 and push out 44.25.5 instead.🤣🤣

Reactions: Ramphex
44.6 is going out like crazy. Some speculated that 44.6 contains a lot of the 44.25 files and 44.25 could be a Delta.
It looks like .5 is indicating FSD Beta in the 44 branch (except for 44.5, only in the 4th position), but who knows until we all get it. If you explore Teslascope:

Standard release 44.5 -> 44.6 -> (maybe... reported elsewhere, but not on Teslascope) 44.25 -> 44.25.1

FSD Beta 36.8.10 -> 44.5.5 -> 44.25.5

It looks like .5 is indicating FSD Beta in the 44 branch, but who knows until we all get it. If you explore Teslascope:
Actually it is NOT a xx.X that is Beta. It is a xx.x.X that is Beta.;)

Also just for reference 36.8.10 was 10.5 Beta for refreshed S,X and 36.8.8 was10.5 Beta for all the rest.

44.5.5 was 10.7 Beta with no v11 UI and 44.25.5 is 10.8 Beta with v11 UI

Last edited:
Don't disagree and don't remember any Deltas (except maybe in the Map database). But makes you wonder why they would be pushing 44.6 so hard to almost everyone if 44.25 is supposed to be imminent. To have 44.6 install and then just a few hours to a day or so later and pushing a full new update seems a waste.

HELL I say stop pushing 44.6 and push out 44.25.5 instead.🤣🤣
They have tested upgrading people from all kinds of releases to 44.6 and from 44.6 to 44.25 ?

BTW, there will still be ~ 40% of people left on builds other than 44.6 after this great 44.6 upgrade.

ps : Its also possible they have both a delta patch from 44.6 to 44.25 and a full build of 44.25 ready to push out. The delta will obviously be smaller - so helps with bandwidth.

I still don’t understand why there aren’t softwares with remote flags. Like when you purchase FSD and they activate the gimmick features remotely with flags without pushing you an update. They could do the same with holiday fun, etc. Just have everyone with the software and then press a button couple of days before the holidays to enable a flag without installing any 20-40 min update.

You folks have it all wrong, Tesla uses an algorithm to tell us what version of FSD we have by looking at the software version

2021.36.8.10 for example, If the last digit is even then you take the last two digit as the version (10 in this case) the subversion is derived by looking one digit past the year, if it is odd then the next number is the subversion, this gives is 6 for FSD version 10.6

If the last digit is odd then you add the last two digits as the version (10 in this case). looking one digit past the year, if it is even then you add the next two number which gives you the subversion, which is 8 for FSD version 10.8
I hope we all appreciate the complexity of this, it took the monkey over two months to write this algorithm

Screen Shot 2021-12-23 at 5.29.56 PM.png

Teslascope shows 2 whole cars on 2021.44.25.5 which should be 10.8. Nothing on TeslaFi.
Those 2 are (probably) employees and were just moved over from 44.5.5/10.7 this morning. So the more correct answer is 0 whole cars.:rolleyes:

Probably the best that will happen is we wake up to a few "first look" YouTubes.
PLEASE let me be wrong and I have an Install instead.:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1