Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nintendo vs Sega... man time flies.

My kids are playing the NES games (via emulator) I played at their current age. I was a bit mindblown by that. I would have assumed they would have been like, "man that's a granny's game." But OG Zelda and Metroid.... still super fun. and challenging.
Giving credit where credit is due, Link to the Past is one of the best games, ever.

Reactions: VanFriscia
I think Magnavox used the ultrasonic whistles powered by bellows off the pushbuttons. Zenith used tuning-fork rods plucked by the button presses. At our house though, we did not have a remote with the brand-new Zenith Chromacolor. We cobbled together a surplus rheostat and a switch in an open scrapwood frame with a long grey-jacketed cable to control the sound. But to change the channel you had to get off your rump. I will say however that the huge 25" color TV came in a styled furniture-grade cabinet. The choice of that was almost as important as the technical ins and outs of phosphor masks, chassis layout and crystal-locked tuning.
Man, I remember our first “Trinitron” set, along with Beta, VHS and LaserDisc players. Wow. Life was simple.

I don’t have extreme braking nor less than 1mph issue, mine just randomly slows down 3-5mph and speeds back up, slows down, speeds up, slows down, speeds up. Makes my girl nauseous and kind of embarrasses me lol
Those mini slowdowns happen every time the car sees anther car coming in the opposite lane on two lane winding or rolling roads. I’ve been reporting everytime.

I don’t have extreme braking nor less than 1mph issue, mine just randomly slows down 3-5mph and speeds back up, slows down, speeds up, slows down, speeds up. Makes my girl nauseous and kind of embarrasses me lol
Mine does this, but not randomly. It picks the same spots to slow down every day on the streets in our neighborhood. No obstacles, no turn, it just slows down. Makes my son queasy and my wife won't let me use FSD anymore if she's in the car.

Mine does this, but not randomly. It picks the same spots to slow down every day on the streets in our neighborhood. No obstacles, no turn, it just slows down. Makes my son queasy and my wife won't let me use FSD anymore if she's in the car.
I once tweeted Elon asking for a toggle for a verbose mode, that would add a “debug” line to output what the AP/FSD is thinking when things are happening. Maybe just below where it shows “creeping up to check for traffic, waiting for our turn, etc” I’m sure he gets 1000s of tweets a day though so he probably never even saw it.

Reactions: danharr
I’ll work on a GoPro video of dash and road, maybe someone can make some correlation. At first I thought it was tree shadows but now I’m not even sure anymore.
Any way to record data using an accelerometer and overlay an acceleration graph on the video? That would be a good way to represent random braking events on video, if possible.

I might have to look into any hardware available out there, maybe DIY something. I don't believe I've seen any beta testers producing videos like that before.

Reactions: danharr
Any way to record data using an accelerometer and overlay an acceleration graph on the video? That would be a good way to represent random braking events on video, if possible.

I might have to look into any hardware available out there, maybe DIY something. I don't believe I've seen any beta testers producing videos like that before.
If the end product is a video, just put a small camera on the accelerometer and add that video synced up in edit as a picture insert.

Reactions: eggzrule