Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhh! Nice!! That's good to know! Unfortunately, mine is only 3 days old right now. I am in the que and I have a 100, but I think you have to have driven for at least 7 days based on what musk tweeted when we first started the whole safety score thing!
It was 100/99 score and 100 miles driving recently, not required to have 7 days. Don't know if anything has changed though.

Teslafi shows that quite a few non-beta cars have received the 10.8 update. About 1/8 of the updates have gone to non-beta cars.

Sadly, mine is not yet one of them.
It wasn't then, but it is now. It is installing right now, apparently along with a thousand or more others. I don't know if this is just another small batch or if it will turn out to be the flood that goes to all of the 100/99/98s. My safety score would have been 100 in a few minutes when an old score dropped off at midnight, but I guess now I'll never see it. That's OK, 99 was good enough.

Later edit: Actually, I did get to see it. As midnight passed by, the installation was only halfway there, so the SS reading of 100 came though. Academic now, though. :)

Last edited:
Yeah! Kinda interesting because I had noticed it prompt for an update earlier today (I assume the non-FSD update) and it said connect to WiFi. And then a few hours later, it prompted for this version and allowed me to install immediately. Actually pretty relieving because I was thinking I was going to have to wait until I got back in town to find out which one I had received. 😁

My evening-

Family over for dinner with kids running around. Everyone drinking heavily and enjoying their evening (including me) bang! Tesla update notification… FSD!!! Sadness starts to come over me. Why why did I drink tonight?!? Extremely happy for this Christmas gift. Absolutely cannot wait to go drive it tomorrow once I sober up. Cheers! Merry Christmas everyone!

First impressions is mind blown. Was expecting really bad performance based on all the issues people have been talking about but first drive I went on was done almost perfectly. No phantom breaking and all turns executed great.

Granted I’m upstate for the weekend in my rural home town, with zero traffic tonight. Will be doing lots of driving in NYC so should be pretty interesting.