Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SS 97, got 44.24.6 last night and notifications when I got in the car about FSD Beta 10.8 but it does not seem to work. No visualization changes, no navigate in non-highway. Everything is activated in the autopilot setting. Safety score is now gone. Seems like I’m not alone but confused here…
Try the ole two Ti**y reset. Some folks had that issue before with 10.4.

It's after 11am on Christmas Day and still no (pre-refresh) Model X have been gifted the new update. What is the holdup on these cars?

Actually now that I look at it, I don't even think any refresh (2021) X have gotten it either.

Did you do a reset already? If that doesn't work post a picture of your autopilot menu.
AEA7345F-B855-4E9D-9AC0-4CBC61C7F071.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
View attachment 748264
It’s 44.25.6 and when I got in the car, had a bunch of 10.8 update notes. No safety score any longer either…
Wild. I remember some older conversations about this in early November, late October.

I'll do some digging and get back to you later. In the meantime if nobody else replies, turn off everything and let your car enter deep sleep (summon and sentry off, keep your app closed).

Suggest firing off an email to the beta team for a re-push. SC won't help you since it "is specific to beta".

Wild. I remember some older conversations about this in early November, late October.

I'll do some digging and get back to you later. In the meantime if nobody else replies, turn off everything and let your car enter deep sleep (summon and sentry off, keep your app closed).

Suggest firing off an email to the beta team for a re-push. SC won't help you since it "is specific to beta".
Deep sleep solved it! Thanks!!!

My car downloaded the update via cellular. Later that day, it had a large additional download of about 500 MB over our WiFi network. This large download of 500 mb is common with a firmware update, but I have never seen that type of download not linked to an update. I am not sure what it is, but I speculate that it is mapping or additional app updates (or Tesla downloaded 10.8 over cellular and then over WiFi as a programming mistake).

To make more sense of the screenshot, historically the car uploads about 1 gb when there is a forward collision warning, and about 2gb when there I press the “record button.” Every time I get back from a drive, there is about 5 mb of upload for every hour of driving (I assume is telemetry).

Anyone else see this?

Attachments

• E7B50CA5-CC0A-4EEF-A6AA-42F3FD0A28E3.jpeg
    E7B50CA5-CC0A-4EEF-A6AA-42F3FD0A28E3.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Received the 10.8 Beta last night (was not Beta previously) and took my first FSD drive this afternoon. Light traffic on Christmas day so did ~10 miles of city driving with only 1 intervention which required me to hit the brake moderately but otherwise the drive went really well.

When I got home I noticed the safety score was still in the app and scored me an 89 on that drive because of the one braking event which probably lasted less than two seconds. I thought the safety score was supposed to disappear? I guess the score doesn't matter now but can't believe it dinged me that bad for just trying to be extra safe and manually braking that one time.

Took a brief night drive yesterday and it seemed improved. Today a different story. It got distracted to the center by a large tree shadow on unmarked road and jerked back. Unsafely hesitant on turns or else takes them like a skid test. Web sites in browser cannot access GPS so many like Waze will not open. Many voice commands like "tire pressure" are gone. "Headlights on" still unsupported after auto on with wipers was deleted some time ago. One step forward, two back. I'll give it one more update chance and then I'm going to opt out of FSD beta

Reactions: ContrarianDC
Received the 10.8 Beta last night (was not Beta previously) and took my first FSD drive this afternoon. Light traffic on Christmas day so did ~10 miles of city driving with only 1 intervention which required me to hit the brake moderately but otherwise the drive went really well.

When I got home I noticed the safety score was still in the app and scored me an 89 on that drive because of the one braking event which probably lasted less than two seconds. I thought the safety score was supposed to disappear? I guess the score doesn't matter now but can't believe it dinged me that bad for just trying to be extra safe and manually braking that one time.
Hi. I could be wrong, but I believe if you have Tesla insurance in Texas, you will continue to see your SS.

Took a brief night drive yesterday and it seemed improved. Today a different story. It got distracted to the center by a large tree shadow on unmarked road and jerked back. Unsafely hesitant on turns or else takes them like a skid test. Web sites in browser cannot access GPS so many like Waze will not open. Many voice commands like "tire pressure" are gone. "Headlights on" still unsupported after auto on with wipers was deleted some time ago. One step forward, two back. I'll give it one more update chance and then I'm going to opt out of FSD beta
No judgement but I honestly don't understand why anyone would opt out at this point in time. Everyone that has FSD 10.8 has 100% of the feature set that the latest public build has, plus all the benefits (or drawbacks depending on your perspective, I suppose) of FSD.

So what do you get by opting out? Why don't you just turn off FSD and use it as if it is on just normal AP and keep getting FSD updates when they come. When the public branch actually gets ahead of FSD again I would understand the argument better and if there's a killer feature you want that you can't yet get with FSD then it makes more sense to me.

My dad has a M3LR and was stuck on 2021.36.8 until yesterday when he got 2021.44.6 and the holiday public build all on one day. So there's no guarantee that you will even be on the latest public build most or all of the time either.

Sorry wasn't wanting this to be long lol.

/rant

Hi. I could be wrong, but I believe if you have Tesla insurance in Texas, you will continue to see your SS.
I don't have Tesla Insurance but I did get a quote through the website a few days ago since I was curious what it would cost. Maybe that triggered something that prevented by safety score from going away. The quote was higher than my current provider for the same coverage levels so I won't be getting it anytime soon.