Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.8 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick FAQ for those (like me) who may have missed it when reading the release notes for M3/MY owners: Tesla has removed the toggle that allowed the FSD BEV display (cars-eye view on the left of the screen) to expand when the car is using BFSD beta. Instead, you can now swipe right on the right edge of the divider (look for the vertical line) to expand the BEV display to the entire screen (replacing the map). Or swipe back to return to the normal split-screen view.

• Helpful
Reactions: Phlier and Riguy
Well, 2021.44.25.6 (10.8) is installing now on my M3, so looks like they are pushing out 10.8 to beta testers now.
First impressions of 10.8 FSD beta from a quick test drive on one of my "reference" routes.

Overall car seemed more "solid" on the road, less hesitation, more confidence. Noticably faster off the line when traffic signal turned green. Far less jerky steering (though still a bit more than I would hav liked). Much better about getting into left turn lanes (aced a couple of spots it failed on before). Still goes into "student" mode is a few places and slow to a crawl when it gets unsure of itself. Not tried on roundabouts yet (big fail point for 10.6).

Last edited:
The biggest, absolute improvement I've seen is the use of regenerative braking to 0mph. Stop and go traffic is a dream, and unlike the rest of fsd, I look like the most competent driver on the road. Use of the bike lane for turns is another guaranteed improvement as on 10.5 turning right with a bike lane (used as a turn lane in California at least) people would just cut in and turn in front of me. I'd like to see this part improved to go further into the bike lane, even using it as an entire turn lane if possible.

I'm really interested to hear a 10.5 to 10.8 review. I'm guessing the minor changes might feel more substantial to that cohort - please share once you've tested it out!

@vtboyarc
I put some detailed thoughts in the other thread, but tl; dr; it does not feel any different on mostly-empty roads (few interactions with pedestrians or other cars at stop signs etc). Still makes the same noticeable mistakes 10.5 made. Might slow down a little smoother. Need to see its behavior on my daily(ish) route to judge better.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I had a lot more disengagements on my second drive with it, a lot more, than 10.5. On my first drive it was about the same number of disengagements. On my second drive, my last turn off the feeder road into my neighborhood was the absolute worst, pretty sure I scared the crap out of a truck when I disengaged to hard break to slow down enough to make a turn (if the Tesla would have tried making the turn I probably would have hit him and gone off road). If there had been anyone following behind me they probably would have rammed me (I would have just ended up going straight and not turning if there was). I am not impressed.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and lolder
My evening-

Family over for dinner with kids running around. Everyone drinking heavily and enjoying their evening (including me) bang! Tesla update notification… FSD!!! Sadness starts to come over me. Why why did I drink tonight?!? Extremely happy for this Christmas gift. Absolutely cannot wait to go drive it tomorrow once I sober up. Cheers! Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas! Enjoy your evening and sober up - FSD won’t go anywhere and will be patiently waiting for you! :)

I received 2021.44.25.6 last night. Was not part of beta program prior. Delayed hitting the button in my September Build MS Plaid because I wanted to have a little fun first before dealing with the safety score.
Noticed an odd anomaly with the audio balance settings. (No interior image)
Although you could move the dot around to change the balance.
A double scroll wheel reset resolve the issue. Took this photo first. Anybody else have this?
C8CEF652-0026-4747-9220-72133DAA0172.jpeg

SS 97, got 44.24.6 last night and notifications when I got in the car about FSD Beta 10.8 but it does not seem to work. No visualization changes, no navigate in non-highway. Everything is activated in the autopilot setting. Safety score is now gone. Seems like I’m not alone but confused here…