Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10 second delay to unlock charging port after FSD camera upgrade.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 Model S P100D

Last week I had my cameras upgraded for the FSD configuration.

My charging port stopped working properly immediately after that modification was performed.
The charging door opens, but the latch takes exactly 10 seconds to let me plug the charger in every time, but to remove the charger it unlocks immediately when i press the sugnal button. Also the status light around the port is not on working anymore.

I feel like something was changed in the configurations or settings that causing it to do this but Tesla is charging me to have the whole charging port and door replaced.

I find it hard to believe that coincidentally the charging port stopped working exactly when was done with my car after having worked immediately before he touched my car.

Has anyone experienced this with their charging port?

How would you imagine that this failure is related?
simply based on my using the charger immediately bevfore work started and it operated just fine. and there being exact 10 second delay in unlocking to received the charger immediately after the tech left and i upluged the car move it a few feet. I pressume that there may have a setting changed while the MCU was in service mode.

I guess they could have screwed it up if they connected it or unconnected it wrong at the shop. Try rebooting the car.
OK, that would be by holding the 2 scroll buttons right? I was more wondering if there even is such a setting that could have possibly been accidentaly changed.

I'd hate to have the tech come out and replace the parts here at home and see him do someking calibration or reset for the port unbenounce to me that alone could have fixed the issue withot replaceing parts.

Yes, hold the two buttons until the screens go blank.

I don't think there is a setting. If I go to my car in the garage and hold the button to unplug the charge cable, the car has to wake up and it can take at least 5 seconds before the color changes and I hear it is unlocked, maybe longer. This is the way it always has been on my 2020. If I have "walk up unlock" enabled, and my keys in my pocket, the cable will unlock quicker because it has more time to wake up.

Yes, hold the two buttons until the screens go blank.

I don't think there is a setting. If I go to my car in the garage and hold the button to unplug the charge cable, the car has to wake up and it can take at least 5 seconds before the color changes and I hear it is unlocked, maybe longer. This is the way it always has been on my 2020. If I have "walk up unlock" enabled, and my keys in my pocket, the cable will unlock quicker because it has more time to wake up.
Oh I see, maybe it was just the perfect coincidential timing and it legitimately just stopped working with nothing to do with the work being done. well at least they offered to replace the door first to see if that fixes that, next will be the actual charging port. Oh well, thanks for responding tho.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Thanks for all the replies fellas, Tesla came out and replaced the door. the car is working fine now. I hope that was the fix and not some door calibration since he had his computer hooked up as well. All I can do is hope they're honest enough to let me know if it was just a software thing.

Reactions: DerbyDave
As you discovered, this is a symptom of a failing charge port door sensor. A relatively common failure on your vintage car due to water ingress and an internal drain hose that is prone to clog.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the camera upgrade.