Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Battery announced soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a super common emoji used by millennials. It means, "awesome, great, super". I wouldn't read too much into it.

Why would they advertise to the population least likely able to afford their cars, and the population with the least number of garages/homes to charge with?

Me being a millenial, this makes no sense except to tease a 100kwh "double ludicrous" battery. 100kwh has a logo included in the software and has been referenced for many months now.

Why would they advertise to the population least likely able to afford their cars, and the population with the least number of garages/homes to charge with?

Me being a millenial, this makes no sense except to tease a 100kwh "double ludicrous" battery. 100kwh has a logo included in the software and has been referenced for many months now.

1) Most of the Tesla owners I know are millennials. This may be an anomaly living in the Bay Area, but there it is.
2) most social media managers (i.e. the person who posted this pic) are millennials.
3) the "100" emoji is also super common on instagram.
4) with apple products, it's not unusual to see references in software to models that are still 6-12 months out. There's been numerous comparisons between apple and Tesla's development processes.

We all wish the 100 was about to come out, but it's just that, wishful thinking. The 90 just came out a few months ago, there's no chance they're already replacing it.

I showed it to my daughter and she immediately said "it's the perfect emoji which just means it's a great car". So now I think it doesn't actually relate to a bigger battery. I've never seen that emoji before but my daughter says it's common.

Damn Tesla to tease us like that. Don't they know that most of the people who can afford their car grew up when there was no internet and the only emoji was the happy face? Of course we'd read 100 kWh into that!
If the "100" post is just an emoji, but not for 100 kwh battery. It could back-fire heavily for Tesla since everyone won't be buying a Model S or X until the 100 kwh battery is out.