Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 Miles in: Amazing Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes in South Orange. Glad to see a fellow X locally, I don't see too many, a lot of S's tho. You may see me around Maplewood & SO with my White X75 with black rims (just dipped my stock rims). Also some of my Maplewood friends picked up a blue X100 recently as well.

Ha! What station exactly martinicus? Orange? South Orange? Mountain? Thanks for the shout. In Boston people cannot stop rolling up to comment on the car & color.

@ zackmilo, power rinse on lowest setting possible, right (smile)?

Yes Irvington! I shuttle between that one and the one in West Orange. The guy who opticoated my S came to do my 3 series, and he asked if I only hand washed my car because the opticoat really looked great after almost a year. I took that to mean that the car wash on Irvington was really great. After this episode, I need to figure out what to do during winter.... What do you do?

Just spent $$ to redo our driveway, front steps and side walkway. Cutting the pavers left A LOT of dust. I was going to borrow my neighbor's power washer to clean off the dust that still remains. Now that i am going to wash the car every weekend, much better to own a power washer. She gets what she wants: a clean front and back porch.... Any time she feels it is needed... And after the $$ we put into the X... it better be clean... Win/win for both of us.

@martinicus I have not seen many Xs! I saw a blue 75D dropping of @ South Mountain Country Day once in June. Recently I saw another red S around Ridgewood road, but not while I was driving mine ( I was in my 3 series, so a salute would have been misplaced). I can't wait until the lighted emblems are available. That looked beautiful on my S...

I fail to see how that Eco smart spray prevents swirls over a long term period. Your dragging a dirty micro fiber towel over your paint surface over and over in their demo videos. Yeah you won't see swirls right away but...... it's common sense to know that ...that's not swirl free solution.

I would stay away from that with a 10 foot pole.

I fail to see how that Eco smart spray prevents swirls over a long term period. Your dragging a dirty micro fiber towel over your paint surface over and over in their demo videos. Yeah you won't see swirls right away but...... it's common sense to know that ...that's not swirl free solution.

I would stay away from that with a 10 foot pole.
You use multiple towels and you switch sides every swipe. He also has a satin wrap that has been coated so it won't be a problem.

IMG_20170806_160024.jpg
@zackmilo .... This is @4PM - wash was finished @ 10AM. The tire product you suggest is Incredible! I was using meguiars spray shine and that lasted ~ 1 day previously. I can see this lasting at least a week and even more (!)

Somehow the power washer didn't make my Amazon list (??) but I also ordered the foamer that connects to the hose. Not as much foam as I would like... How much of the solution do you put into the 35 OZ bottle? I put one cap full. I used the E Setting, as that seem to have more suds?

PC Richards had the same power washer for less (always check Google) so I just drove 10 minutes and picked it up. I'll try that out when I wash my S for the last time before my private sell on Friday.

Thank you again for the Awesome recommendations! My wife couldn't get over how good the car ( in particular the tires) looked.

Reactions: Mrcook4590
View attachment 240109 @zackmilo .... This is @4PM - wash was finished @ 10AM. The tire product you suggest is Incredible! I was using meguiars spray shine and that lasted ~ 1 day previously. I can see this lasting at least a week and even more (!)

Somehow the power washer didn't make my Amazon list (??) but I also ordered the foamer that connects to the hose. Not as much foam as I would like... How much of the solution do you put into the 35 OZ bottle? I put one cap full. I used the E Setting, as that seem to have more suds?

PC Richards had the same power washer for less (always check Google) so I just drove 10 minutes and picked it up. I'll try that out when I wash my S for the last time before my private sell on Friday.

Thank you again for the Awesome recommendations! My wife couldn't get over how good the car ( in particular the tires) looked.
I put a couple ounces in. Which hose foamer did you use. The chemical guys one is amazing. You might not have gotten it but wouldn't make too much of a difference on matte wrap. It won't really scratch much.

The tire product is amazing! Lasts way more than a week. If you do two coats maybe 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks again.. i have gotten the hang of this, and you were amazingly helpful.
Just got $350 more of products. A NEW foam cannon and more pressure washer attachments and soaps and jetseal. You can follow my twitter account for pics @TeslaModel_X. It was amazing didnt touch the car at all so no swirls. Then I tried it again and my pressure washer broke. darn