TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

105 decibels at compressor since fix

Discussion in 'Model X' started by acaciolo, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

The AC on my X was really loud so I asked them about possible switched lines and the SC told me theyou went switched. At my SC visit last week I asked themail to check again and this time they found that the lines wereally in fact switched. So they rerouted the lines and I picked up the X. Now the compressor is twice as loud and measures 105db outside the car and runs every time the ac is on. Even if the inside temp is 65 and the ac is set at 64 it runs like a jet. After I park car after a short drive it does the same thing. Anybody else have one this loud ? Tony

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Mine is loud as well, I didn't take it in for a fix yet. Super loud when you first turn it on especially if you are not driving, it makes the dash buzz.

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Sounds like maybe they weren't crossed, and now they are.

• Like x 1
  4. acaciolo

acaciolo Member

I was thinking they might be crossed now too. There are free spl meter apps for iPhone and android. It would be interesting to see what other's spl levels are at the front grill.

5. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Oh wow..mine is loud too and measures between 85-95db at the grill. My SC has been insisting nothing is wrong, lines are not switched etc. But if yours is now at 105db that's quite a racket.

How can it be normal if it sounds like a jet is approaching?