Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

125kw McChargers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I’ve said before one way to discourage people (including EV drivers) parking in charging bays when not charging is to place them at the opposite end of the car park from the entrance - that way only those that genuinely need to charge will park there - at moment as far as I can see most charge spaces seem to be located at the entrances (probably cause it’s cheaper to not have to run the cables across the car park).

s I’ve said before one way to discourage people (including EV drivers) parking in charging bays when not charging is to place them at the opposite end of the car park from the entrance - that way only those that genuinely need to charge will park there - at moment as far as I can see most charge spaces seem to be located at the entrances (probably cause it’s cheaper to not have to run the cables across the car park).

Are you saying that disabled people shouldn't drive electric cars?

As I’ve said before one way to discourage people (including EV drivers) parking in charging bays when not charging is to place them at the opposite end of the car park from the entrance - that way only those that genuinely need to charge will park there - at moment as far as I can see most charge spaces seem to be located at the entrances (probably cause it’s cheaper to not have to run the cables across the car park).

That certainly seems to work at Tebay services where the Superchargers are furthest away. They also have spaces opposite the actual Supercharger spaces so if you are finished charging but not ready to leave you just back up into one and leave the Supercharger available .. or if the Supercharger is full (not seen that) they could be used by people waiting for a Supercharger to come available. Tebay is definitely not typical! [The only questionable thing about Tebay is the staggering price of petrol ... but maybe that's encouraging some people to consider an EV!]

Reactions: exlatccatsa
I used to stop there often, where abouts have they been installed?

they are all saying paired at 125 now....I got max 85 today.

D90083F1-4542-463D-A012-C0247F87B2C2.jpeg

Reactions: ringi
If you had asked me where the first one would be I would probably have bet the car against in being in Wales!
Probably not going to get much use until the covid levels drop back below 1000 cases per 100k and people their are actually allowed to leave their houses but def a step in the right direction!
Mind you for anyone not familiar with the hub of heavy industry that is Port Talbot ( Accurately descried by comedian and resident Lloyd Langford as "that place at the end of the M4 that looks like Mordor") encouraging people their to cut down on tail pipe emissions does feel a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Last edited:
Surprised me too, but we could use all we can get in Wales. Good to see 125kW too.
when the last chance McDonalds in Chirk North Wales gets some that's when I know charging is sorted.
Its the last Mcdonalds for 60miles when heading West into North Wales and if they added 125Kw chargers it would also be the last decent place to charge. Sadly I am guessing the power supply may not be up to it anytime soon.
Demand is there though, there were 3 other models in the carpark the last time I was there. That may not sound like a lot to you guys in the south east but in a place that until recently was still on a quest for fire trust me that's a lot.

• Funny
Reactions: NorfolkMustard
If there is enough power to run a McDonalds then surely there is enough power to run an EV charger?
I'm no expert but I doubt it approaches 250KW ( 2x125kw chargers) to run a McDonalds. an industrial grade deep double fat fryer is only about 12kw.
I was partly extrapolating from a recent story that the lack of superchargers in Wales is in part due to the poor national grid infrastructure there