Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@rush6410 and @travis010
Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App FYI, you can track release progress here as well by various build factors. Many folks use this site to avoid API sharing for security purposes, as required by TeslaFi. You can also use an API here, if you'd like to enable auto updates.

If you haven't logged in your vehicles yet, it would be helpful to @HankLloydRight who developed/maintains the site, if you did. I think you'll find the tracked data to be very helpful.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
@rush6410 and @travis010
Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App FYI, you can track release progress here as well by various build factors. Many folks use this site to avoid API sharing for security purposes, as required by TeslaFi. You can also use an API here, if you'd like to enable auto updates.

If you haven't logged in your vehicles yet, it would be helpful to @HankLloydRight who developed/maintains the site, if you did. I think you'll find the tracked data to be very helpful.
I am aware of the site and use it quite frequently. What it doesn't track are the different levels of HW2 AP options. At some point FW releases may split based on the option your purchased. It is my understanding the option choices are as follows: HW2 AP1, HW2 AP2 EAP, HW2 EAP FSD. The tracker does not go to that detail.

RUSH6410 --- I dont think there is a HW2 AP1 option. If you have HW2, you do not have the hardware that supports AP1.

That said, if you have HW2 and do not have EAP or FSD then you have ordinary dumb cruise control but that is not AP1.

At least this is what I have been led to believe.....

RUSH6410 --- I dont think there is a HW2 AP1 option. If you have HW2, you do not have the hardware that supports AP1.

That said, if you have HW2 and do not have EAP or FSD then you have ordinary dumb cruise control but that is not AP1.

At least this is what I have been led to believe.....
There is an HW2 AP1 option. People like myself who ordered a AP1 car just as Tesla switched to HW2 could keep a restricted AP1 software on HW2, or cough up extra $ for EAP or FSD.

Reactions: sdorn and rush6410
Looks like an AP1 SP90D received 17.14.35 this morning. Fingers crossed that this release includes a fix for the AP2 failures and goes out quickly to the fleet.
Saw that on the tracker... very weird as technically the numbers mean that it was compiled two weeks ago, but sent out for the first time today?! (Week 14 was April 2nd and is when 17.14.23 appeared.) Unless it took this long to validate it and/or test on sample vehicles with the actual issue? I was wondering the same, if it was the 'general AP2 fix' for those that 'lost everything' under the other 8.1 versions.

An an AP1 owner:

Other than futzing with speed limits, I've noticed no changes to AP1 performance since the ~2.52.xxx release. 8.0 was a huge improvement for TACC and allowed AP1 to control the throttle/brake basically as well as a human. But it also severely regressed autosteer's ability to follow curves in sunlight. They finally fixed that in a dot release before Christmas, and since then I had not noticed any improvements to AP1.

What are the current speed limits? Currently my AP1 X90D allows my key fob to set AP to 5 over, but my wife's fob is limited to exactly the speed limit. I'm hesitant about losing my ability to do 5 over because traffic around here simply doesn't do the speed limit...

What are the current speed limits? Currently my AP1 X90D allows my key fob to set AP to 5 over, but my wife's fob is limited to exactly the speed limit. I'm hesitant about losing my ability to do 5 over because traffic around here simply doesn't do the speed limit...

Unfortunately (Tesla kept flip-flopping on this): You must set speed limit assist in Driver Assistance to +5mph or more in order to go 5 above the speed limit.

The speed limits currently are 90mph on divided roads, and speed limit + 5mph or the Speed Limit Assist limit whichever is lower, on undivided roads.

• Informative
Reactions: travis010
Unfortunately (Tesla kept flip-flopping on this): You must set speed limit assist in Driver Assistance to +5mph or more in order to go 5 above the speed limit.

The speed limits currently are 90mph on divided roads, and speed limit + 5mph or the Speed Limit Assist limit whichever is lower, on undivided roads.

Thank you! I don't mind going into the settings (as long as I don't have to do it every time I get into the car) and setting it to +5, I just hated being the car doing exactly 55 with 5 cars right on my bumper on an undivided highway with limited passing spots.