Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep trying to post release notes but the site says my pic is too large for the server to process
One way to 'shrink' pictures and graphics is to mail them to yourself. Or, on an iPhone, when you insert the pic into an email, it will do the 'which size (bit-wise) do you want'.

I find it easier to insert the actual picture locally, and not use an external site; but if you have one you are already set up on, that's definitely an option!

Pics from:
AP2 Software Update 17.17.4 • r/teslamotors
F0WlGMx.jpg

HKm4j8J.jpg

EDIT.
The "To Do" list:
- Automatic wipers
- Display of cars in adjacent lane on dash (?)
- Perpendicular parking

Last edited:
What now remains for AP1 parity?

Rain sensing wipers.

Does AP2 do lane changes in response to turn signals yet?
Has anyone with 17.17.4 checked to see if it is showing cars in adjacent lanes?

Other than that, and whatever qualitative discussions about AP performance in various conditions people want to have, I'm not coming up with much.

Rain sensing wipers.

Does AP2 do lane changes in response to turn signals yet?
Has anyone with 17.17.4 checked to see if it is showing cars in adjacent lanes?

Other than that, and whatever qualitative discussions about AP performance in various conditions people want to have, I'm not coming up with much.

Yes, AP2 does lane changes. I haven't taken the car out yet for tests, but hopefully local road driving has improved!

Really excited to see where we go from here now. And as annoying as it has been, pretty impressive that tesla has been able to replicate MobileEye in less than a year.

No rain sensing wipers yet.
Does not display cars in the next lane
Does not show a picture of trucks or motorcycles, only picture of a car.
Does change lanes with turn signal.
I think it does not "see" the speed limit sign yet. Doesn't change immediately like AP1 cars do, I may be wrong.
Drives much better on local roads but not as stable as AP1.
No perpendicular parking yet.

A nice gesture but I'd like to see the AP2 driving quality increase before simply raising the speed restrictions. If the same code is used to detect lanes, cars, and perform steering, simply raising the speed is not helpful. Time will tell how much more capable this release makes AP2. I have some good testing areas that I know the previous release consistently fails. I had emailed these to Tesla, will be interested to see if they actually addressed any of them.