Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What now remains for AP1 parity?

Perpendicular parking is a big one for me.

There's a difference between a feature being checked off and it being of practical use. Local road AP, for example, has been available for a while but not really usable. So, the question of parity is going to come down to some subjective judgements.

The release notes do not say whether AP has actually been improved, or if they've just relaxed the speed limits without any underlying improvement. The former, hopefully, but I await user reports with bated breath.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
No rain sensing wipers yet.
Does not display cars in the next lane
Does not show a picture of trucks or motorcycles, only picture of a car.
Does change lanes with turn signal.
I think it does not "see" the speed limit sign yet. Doesn't change immediately like AP1 cars do, I may be wrong.
Drives much better on local roads but not as stable as AP1.
No perpendicular parking yet.

So we are going on the 8th month and we still don't have full parity in features or performance. yet we are supposed to sleep in our Tesla in 2018?

Reactions: gowthamn
A nice gesture but I'd like to see the AP2 driving quality increase before simply raising the speed restrictions. If the same code is used to detect lanes, cars, and perform steering, simply raising the speed is not helpful. Time will tell how much more capable this release makes AP2. I have some good testing areas that I know the previous release consistently fails. I had emailed these to Tesla, will be interested to see if they actually addressed any of them.
People on reddit said that the autosteer has changed DRAMATICALLY and is much smoother although not at the level of AP1 yet. People said that it now takes curves much better.

Got mine installed. Auto-high beam is something I really wanted, great to see that finally make it. It does sound like AS overall quality has improved will try it out and see.

Side collision warning is something that is added as well, says it will swerve away if a side collision is detected, this sort of makes me a tad nervous with some of the false positives AP2 has had with overpasses and stuff. I do hope the overall quality has gone up significantly with such potentially risky features being added.

Local road AS improvement was much needed, I cant wait to try it. Will post my experience soon.

Side collision warning is something that is added as well, says it will swerve away if a side collision is detected, this sort of makes me a tad nervous with some of the false positives AP2 has had with overpasses and stuff. I do hope the overall quality has gone up significantly with such potentially risky features being added.

Side collision is presumably driven by the side looking ultrasound like it is on AP1 cars, so the hardware and software are both completely different from the false positives you're talking about. That doesn't inherently mean it'll be more reliable, though.

This feels like the update I have been waiting for since day 1 with the car! I'm checking the app like a mental patient waiting for the update notification.

If you don't want to wait, you should reset the car by pressing down the steering wheel buttons while foot on brake until the T appears in the center console. Works every time!!! That or be on SC WiFi!

I hope I get this soon, I'm still stuck on the 3/30/17 update of 17.11.3. The only other item that would be more useful for me is auto sensing wipers. I'm puzzled as to why they didn't include this feature in 17.17.4.
I also have a P100D and am on SW 17.11.3.

I just went to the garage to make sure it was hooded up to wifi.

Pick me.....PLEASE.

IMG_9434.PNG
According to head of AP for Tesla, the feel of AP is much improved as well