Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In fact, given the velocity of updates yesterday and then the sudden stop, makes me wonder if they found a bug that halted the release. Nothing like releasing software on a Friday evening to ruin some engineering team's weekend.

My thoughts as well, though the flip thought I had was: maybe they rolled it out to a very small number of cars over the weekend to give it a couple days to validate further, then will start rollout on Monday when engineers can verify and are at work.

My thoughts as well, though the flip thought I had was: maybe they rolled it out to a very small number of cars over the weekend to give it a couple days to validate further, then will start rollout on Monday when engineers can verify and are at work.

I don't see much difference. The roll out of all releases, whether major, minor or even interim bug fixes lack consistency, other than it's unknown. The guinea pig theory, build trends, geography, price etc. Countless threads reference it and try to figure it out.....nothing certain. Personally, I am partial to the worse driver theory. :p

• Funny
Reactions: wesley888
I'm in Oregon, and I got it yesterday morning. I did a lot of driving during the day, and while local roads appear better and it is nice not having the speed restriction, I had to quickly take over twice on the highway, both times in places where I have previously not had problems. While I have had some issues with the car drifting outside the lanes in curves on the highway with prior releases, my experience yesterday seemed a bit worse. I am giving it some time, though. I am about to leave for 150+ miles of highway driving today, so I will see how it performs. Hopefully yesterday's episodes were outliers, especially given that others have had a good experience with the update.

The auto high beams are not what I was expecting them to be, btw. On my Mercedes, the high beams only come on if it is truly dark and there are no cars/street lights. Yesterday, as I was driving home in my neighborhood on a very well lit street (street lights on both sides), the high beams suddenly came on, but when I turned onto a fairly dim side street, they turned off. I am wondering if Tesla's auto high beams function to stay on high at default and only switch to low if another car is detected (the release notes suggest this is the default behavior)? In my MB, the auto headlights work to turn on the high beams only if there are no cars and the level of ambient lighting is very low, so it automatically picks the option that is best for the level of lighting and safest for other traffic on the road.

I will try to update my experience tonight after I get back. Hope everyone gets the update soon!

I'm in Oregon, and I got it yesterday morning. I did a lot of driving during the day, and while local roads appear better and it is nice not having the speed restriction, I had to quickly take over twice on the highway, both times in places where I have previously not had problems. While I have had some issues with the car drifting outside the lanes in curves on the highway with prior releases, my experience yesterday seemed a bit worse. I am giving it some time, though. I am about to leave for 150+ miles of highway driving today, so I will see how it performs. Hopefully yesterday's episodes were outliers, especially given that others have had a good experience with the update.

The auto high beams are not what I was expecting them to be, btw. On my Mercedes, the high beams only come on if it is truly dark and there are no cars/street lights. Yesterday, as I was driving home in my neighborhood on a very well lit street (street lights on both sides), the high beams suddenly came on, but when I turned onto a fairly dim side street, they turned off. I am wondering if Tesla's auto high beams function to stay on high at default and only switch to low if another car is detected (the release notes suggest this is the default behavior)? In my MB, the auto headlights work to turn on the high beams only if there are no cars and the level of ambient lighting is very low, so it automatically picks the option that is best for the level of lighting and safest for other traffic on the road.

I will try to update my experience tonight after I get back. Hope everyone gets the update soon!

Your description of the MB is how my AP1 car acted. I haven't got the update on my AP2 car yet to compare---still waiting...hint-hint?

• Funny
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
(Tesla Trip) Tesla Autopilot 2.0 HW 8.1 17.17.4 Curvy Road High Speeds

Thank you so much for this video! A video is worth a million words. In taking a closer look, the autosteer lost the median due to some repaving having overwritten it, with no corresponding right lane line per the display. Car lost the median line at the 12:22 mark. It then went over within about 1 second after having lost the lock.

Here is that patch right before the car got there:

2017_04%20AP2_zpsn8nymkrb.jpg

Nice to see this only happened once. The car would need to have only "looked" a bit further down the road to see that the loss of median was temporary. Just based on this, it looks like they are not looking that far ahead. Lots of places where that can happen, obviously. Algorithm needs tweaking: If you are only using the median, and the median is lost, look a bit further ahead for a short time.

Good demo of what happens when you ignore the "put hands on the wheel" warning too. Car looks to have come to a complete stop with the emergency blinkers on.

Concerning the lack of traffic: I attribute this to the lack of quality sushi to be had. It's a chicken and egg scenario. If Wyoming had more sushi bars, it would have traffic like L.A. If you serve it, we will come! :)

RT

P.S. Watching this prompted me to Turo up an AP2 Model S for my upcoming June trip to Las Vegas. I now have a Blackvue, which I may set up in the rented vehicle. I need to confirm that I can unstick the sticky stuff before I use it on someone else's ride though. Early Christmas for RubberToe, AP2 to Vegas!

Reactions: Sather
P.S. Watching this prompted me to Turo up an AP2 Model S for my upcoming June trip to Las Vegas. I now have a Blackvue, which I may set up in the rented vehicle. I need to confirm that I can unstick the sticky stuff before I use it on someone else's ride though.

I recently removed my BlackVue when I traded my car in. It was easy and clean to do. Just make sure you remember your 12 VDC cord.