Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the new software update overnight. I got my first false positive of a side collision. This was on a side road. A large 18-wheeler was in the lane to my left and there was a slight bend in the road, right-to-left bend and my display showed that truck trying to make its way into my lane and so my car tapped the brakes even though the truck never moved out of its lane.

Got the update yesterday afternoon (Monday), and went for a test drive last night. Certainly, local roads are not perfect (you have to pay attention as normal), but I was impressed with the improvement. I drove down long stretches of local roads and it did quite well except as you might expect, in ambiguous situations like merges and splits. I found it pretty useful though... but it will be 100% more useful when the car can recognize traffic signals (and not just plow through red lights like a happy go lucky teenager). This was all in the dark too, so I thought it did well.

It still struggles in construction zones (101 N before Palo Alto - Bay Area... lanes are shfited, and it cannot handle it). It still struggles with any merging situations, and once chose the wrong lane on the other side of an intersection (I let it do it since there was nobody around me).
I am pretty happy with the improvements, I found my AP experience significantly improved from the previous. This is coming from someone who has never driven AP1.

An *really* happy with the improved browser and media player!

NOT! :)

Me too! Not sure if i need to do anything or most likely be patient. I notice every time i open the car in the garage the Wi-Fi is disconnected and takes about 30 seconds to reconnectI wonder if that's an issue

Having a DNLA media server on the same network as your Tesla it appears to cause problems, people have solved that problem by moving their Tesla to a guest network...

Don't feel bad, I'm still on 17.11.3!

I was on 17.11.3 till half an hour ago.

I started checking why I did not get the latest update this morning, found out that my tesla's wifi does not keep the connection. Don't know what caused this wifi "issue", maybe it's 17.11.3. So, I did the following:
  • Reboot tesla - center display, instrument display
  • Uncheck power saving mode, check keep connected.

• On the router side, I assign a static IP address for tesla. I don't think this is necessary, though.

After all these, I got the update!

Just gotta wait. Between my Sept 2013 Tesla and my Dec 2016 tesla, this will be the 28th time I have been updated (I don't have the latest update yet). Every single update all of the experts come out and say you need wifi, you need high speed wifi, you can go to the service center and ask for an update, you can park near the service center and get an update, you can reboot your panel/dash and get an update, if you live in Calif you get the update first, if your car is newer you get the update earlier, etc, etc.

The truth is you will get the update when Tesla beams it to you, Until then, just sit back and read about how good or how crappy the new update performs.

But also make sure all of the air valves on your wheels are in matching positions and point towards Fremont.........

Well said @Lawsteve . I don't know if people have heard of the Cargo Cult religion, but this is a perfect example.

BTW, I did try to get all the valve stems lined up as you recommended, but to do so I had to turn the car on its back and, wouldn't you know it, I forgot the roof is made of glass. A shattering experience. Next time I'll put a soft blanket down first.

• Funny
Reactions: boaterva
Just did the same in my 2017 S75D, and nothing happened...at all. :/

Careful there Jimmy!

There is an entire other thread discussing how if you do too many center console reboots, that Tesla may slow down the reboot time. Some are saying a 3 minute normal reboot is now taking them 3 minutes 7 seconds! I hear only about 1% of all users are affected by this, but several law firms are starting class action lawsuits.

I recommend reading that 547 page thread before rebooting, and consulting a lawyer is probably a good idea too. PM me for nearly expert quality legal advice for $375 per billed hour. I am undefeated in arguing before the Supreme Court.

Back to your regular scheduled off topic banter...

RT

Just gotta wait. Between my Sept 2013 Tesla and my Dec 2016 tesla, this will be the 28th time I have been updated (I don't have the latest update yet). Every single update all of the experts come out and say you need wifi, you need high speed wifi, you can go to the service center and ask for an update, you can park near the service center and get an update, you can reboot your panel/dash and get an update, if you live in Calif you get the update first, if your car is newer you get the update earlier, etc, etc.

The truth is you will get the update when Tesla beams it to you, Until then, just sit back and read about how good or how crappy the new update performs.

But also make sure all of the air valves on your wheels are in matching positions and point towards Fremont.........
You forgot about the dash to the closest "geofence" :)