TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

17.26.76 New Update

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Lbkmxp100d, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

looks like a new update 17.26.76 is being pushed out. Only one vehicle so far but I pray it's silky smooth for ap2!!! If anyone has it, please post notes and how vehicle behaves.

I have been patiently waiting every since EM tweeted it would go out "this weekend" and I think that was around 3 weeks ago. Lol

• Like x 1
  2. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

I just got it also, it won't let me scroll trough the "what's new" section yet, it's just stuck on perpendicular parking page. I'll update in the am as I have a nice long 200 mile commute to compare things against.

• Like x 1
  3. MikeH

MikeH New Member

Tjhappel, what model Tesla and AP do you have?

4. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Supporting Member

5. Sather

Sather Member

I got it a couple hours ago. Was 17 17 17. Can't scroll through changes either.

Freeway lane keep much improved. But slows down for car ahead too early and too strongly. I like the more decisive/quicker lane change.

Browser still essentially unusable.

6. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

Sorry guys, model x dec 16 build AP2, praying this gets us back to parity with the update before last. The silky smooth took me back to braking for bridges and signs at highway speeds... pretty scary

Maybe this will get us closer to ap1

7. dark

dark Member

See

8. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

I just installed update. haven't driven car yet. update notes write that display brightness will auto dim or brighten depending on surroundings. also more accurate range reading for battery. most likely the range will be listed lower than before the update.

9. ab26

ab26 Member

Did you get this update from a SC ? Also what was your previous version? 17.17.4?

10. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

It was downloaded from wifi on my car. I had the 17.26.17 installed beforehand.

11. ab26

ab26 Member

Did u get 17.26.17 or a recent previous update from the SC? The reason I am asking is because, many of us are still in 17.17.4/17 and it seems like folks who have recently got their updates from the SC are getting future updates.

12. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Supporting Member

Here all Ye members... you are being presence and participation is requested at the very funny thread URL="17.26.76 and the Life of Brian..."]17.26.76 and the Life of Brian...[/URL]

13. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

I received this update via WiFi yesterday. Haven't been to a ServCtr in couple of months. Was previously @ 17.17.4, Model S HW2, so it appears this version is going out to a larger crowd.

• Like x 1
  14. Solargrapes

Solargrapes Member

Installing 17.26.76 as I type this. Received over WiFi about a hour ago.

15. dark

dark Member

Nothing here... Hard to believe this is going out for everyone, been waiting since May

16. Edgewood Dome

Edgewood Dome Member

Well I wouldn't say Everyone is getting it, but certainly AP2 vehicles are.
    upload_2017-7-6_15-9-31.png
    upload_2017-7-6_15-10-10.png

17. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

One promising sign is that people are getting 17.17.4 / 17.17.17 -> 17.26.76 updates on AP2 with just wifi, without going to a SC. It seems like this is the start of the rollout to AP2.

• Like x 1
  18. Doctt

Doctt Member

Just received the update via home wifi. AP2 from 17.24.30 --> 17.26.76

19. Solargrapes

Solargrapes Member

Btw this was from 17.17.4

• Disagree x 1
  20. Tjhappel

Tjhappel Member

Did about 200 miles today on the new update all freeway miles.... this is very very close to the silky smooth that was talked about. When there is clearly marked lines on the road I'd say it's as good or better than ap1, it handles turns 85% better than before with much less ping ponging and a way smoother line all the way through a turn. I didn't have a single false positive with any bridges or signs so that's a step back in the right direction.

The largest disappointment is still in the carpool lanes where I do most of my driving, it just seems the camera(s) can't see yellow or gray/white solid lines very well at all. There was no improvement in this area at all that I noticed, bad enough still that I didn't want to really even use it in the carpool lane. When the carpool lane widens it still has a serious issue and just won't follow the car in front of it like ap1 does, it wants to slam to one side or the other. I think the weaving in the carpool lane has gotten worse if anything,

Everyone is going to be quite pleased if you drive on freeways (non carpool) lanes. It's so much better and feels more confident than before it's hard to compare. If they can fix the carpool issues I'd say this update took us past or for sure at parity with ap1. Exciting times and hope for more updates quickly!

Also it still does not show cars on adjacent lanes unless you turn a signal on and there's no differing in vehicle types yet

• Informative x 10
    • Like x 3