Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18” wheels on model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to find even one set of 18x8 rims anywhere for a 235/55R18 or 245/50-18 tire, but cannot find one. Will the 8.5 width work?
Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person
1706056555752.png

Reactions: Discount Tire
I assume I cannot take my existing 18" Model 3 Aero rims with Sottozero winter tires and use them on my new MY? Sorry if it's a dumb question that could have been ascertained by a closer read of the previous 4 pages (which I did skim!)

I assume I cannot take my existing 18" Model 3 Aero rims with Sottozero winter tires and use them on my new MY? Sorry if it's a dumb question that could have been ascertained by a closer read of the previous 4 pages (which I did skim!)

many (not all) 18" wheels will fit the Model Y, even the MYP.

18:35 when they put on the 18" M3 on the Y

11:00 on this video

Last edited:
I dumped the 21” UT tires/wheels from my PMY for some 18s from TSportLine. So when I asked them what wheel setting I should use they said to just leave it on 21”. Looking at tire specs on Tire Rack there wasn’t significant difference in rolling distance between the 21” Michelins and the 18s.

I did do some BEFORE and AFTER testing with my DRAGY and the speedometer read exactly the same at speeds up to 80 mph. The upside is my Y is more efficient and faster than it was on the 21s and I no longer live in fear of curbs or potholes.
But wouldn’t the displayed range be closer to the 19 then the 20s? I wanted the 19s but they weren’t available and got stuck with the 20 “upgrade.” I really don’t see that as an upgrade. It indicates something like 460km range. It’s 497km when you set it for 19 inch wheels.

But wouldn’t the displayed range be closer to the 19 then the 20s? I wanted the 19s but they weren’t available and got stuck with the 20 “upgrade.” I really don’t see that as an upgrade. It indicates something like 460km range. It’s 497km when you set it for 19 inch wheels.
Depends on particular tire size. Use an online comparison tool to compare overall circumference.

Depends on particular tire size. Use an online comparison tool to compare overall circumference.
It’s not that. On my Model S when I switch from 21 to 19 the range goes up by about 60 km or so. Kind of nice to see that larger number! You can believe if I do 18s on the Y I’ll be choosing 19 (rather than 20) for the tire size to see that 497 km 😃

• Funny
Reactions: Noflash